Equipment used in the mining industries is subject to extreme mechanical stresses: it has to...
Bigger, better, faster, stronger!
Twiflex are pleased to announce the arrival of VMS3-SP, an improvement on the already excellent, VMS2-SP. The new brake is (as before) a spring applied, hydraulic released safety brake aimed specifically at the Mine Hoist market.
230kN braking force achieved with 3mm air gap with Infinite fatigue life.
300kN braking achieved with 1mm air gap.
- Additional springs in specially lengthened housing
- Improved drainage system
- New and improved sealing
- “Totally sealed” design to give excellent, corrosion and dust protection
- Electronic monitoring units
- Tamper proof pad/air-gap adjustment
- External pad retraction
- “Park Off” service and maintenance facility
- Hard Chrome plated main piston
- Low pad pressure
- Small piston size for quicker reaction times
- Retraction pressure of between 120 – 160bar depending on rating
An order for 16(+1) calipers was recently received from South Africa for a Gold Mine application.
Few applications offer the challenges that are faced by the pump drivetrain on a dredging...
A variety of standard and custom hydraulic brake packages from Twiflex are designed to meet...
A major mine hoist OEM needed a custom braking solution for an emergency escape hoist...