Thor Global has announced the release of the T150-20, 48in (1220mm) x 150ft (45.72m), 2000TPH (1800STPH) at 60Hz, Highway Portable Telescopic Stacker. The T150-20 can be folded up and ready for transportation, or unfolded and ready for production within 15 minutes.
Designing a high capacity structure with an unlimited truss depth is easy to do, but to design a truss depth for a high capacity portable machine that stays within transportation regulations is a significant challenge. A 48in belt width requires both structural support and structural height. For most North American highways, the maximum height is 14ft. Thor Global’s experience in cranes has enabled us to design a 48in x 150ft ThorStack2™ with the perfect balance of weight and structure to provide the strongest machine possible.
Thor Global has proven that all things can be improved. Below are some of the many innovations and modifications to the ThorStack2 series within the past two years.
- Patent-Pending FB Undercarriage. This new head undercarriage, used for raising and lowering the stacker, is “fully braced” to provide complete stability when fully extended.
- Restriction Stoppers for the FB Undercarriage. These stoppers provide higher efficiency for the hydraulic cylinders and protect the hydraulic system from overloading.
- Quick-Release System. Allow the operator to easily engage or disengage the radial drive system for travel or working positions within three minutes.
- Zero Speed switches on inner and outer conveyors protect the stacker from overloading if the belt is broken or slipping.
- Automated Cable Slack and Tension Detection eliminates the need to monitor cables at all times.
- Floating Urethane (UHMW) skirting in the stone box eliminates spillage and minimizes wear due to friction.
The ThorStack2 controlled stacker stockpiles aggregate in continuous concentric rows to form a kidney shaped pile. The advent of telescopic stockpiling has created a reliable new standard for retaining in-spec material at a fraction of the cost. The operator can easily specify the radial travel degree (up to 270), extension and retraction parameters, and telescopic “step” or “windrow” increments, within the automated PLC-controller.
ThorStack2 operators claim that they simply press a few buttons and let the stacker do the rest. These and other innovations have dramatically improved the reliability of Thor Global’s equipment, providing easier operation of the stacker onsite and reduced maintenance costs.