The global mining industry is one of the most interesting, lucrative and challenging sectors in the world today, and attracting the best management and leadership is crucial to ongoing business success.
Project Global Mining Ltd. (PGM) works closely with mining companies looking to recruit expatriate and local mining professionals for both corporate office and site operations.
Our team has built an unparalleled knowledge of the mining industry that has successfully delivered recruitment campaigns for junior, mid-tier and global mining companies in multiple jurisdictions and geographical locations.
Our knowledge and expertise are diverse and covers all mining disciplines, including Exploration, Project Development, Mine Operations & Executive Leadership.
We understand the industry and developments that matter most to our clients in an ever-changing marketplace, which is why we consistently provide the mining staff they need.
Project Global Mining Ltd.
- Collective experience of over 20 years providing the best international talent to mining clients across the globe.
- We support both clients and candidates in every step of the mobilisation process to make sure each successful candidate arrives fresh and ready to add value to their assignment.
- We work closely with our clients to identify the best-matched talent the international mining market has to offer.
- We boast a pre-qualified registered network of 20,000 international mining professionals, supported by a passive network of 100,000 candidates globally. From this network, we can utilise our expert knowledge of the market to find the best talent for your needs.
- With many mining communities experiencing a skills shortage in local talent, we recognise the need for a strong network of international mining professionals.
- Attracting C-Level executives and top-level management can be a daunting and time-consuming process. Identifying the right candidate is key to the success of your business. This is why PGM’s executive search model is a winning solution.
- Our team continuously map the C-Level and Senior Management talent across the mining industry, allowing our clients that engage us to have real-time information on who is available and why.
- Our executive search service includes video interviewing and psychometric testing, which allows you to gauge a candidate fit and compatibility to your team and business.
- By following our meticulous process, we can provide an executive search solution which is thorough, fair and which identifies the best candidate to lead your mining business.
- We develop long-term relationships with our clients and candidates, ensuring our clients have visibility and access to the best mining talent globally.
- Project Global Mining has observed a growing trend in the nationalisation of many workforces across the mining sector.
- With many national governments issuing mandates to promote nationalisation programs across the mining sector, PGM support our clients closely in finding the best local talent for their projects and operations.
- In addition to utilising our international network to identify the best talent available PGM also work to identify the most effective local networks “in country” including candidate referrals, job portals and local press to attract local talent.
- PGM is committed to assisting our clients build a highly skilled, sustainable source of local talent, tailored towards each individual business.
- Through our IATA registered partner, we manage flights to and from the site.
- In association with our medical partner, we have access to a global network of medical centres and health practitioners.
- We provide payroll services for all temporary contractors we place or ones that are outsourced to us.
- In conjunction with our global visa partner, we can provide business visas for all staff we place globally and help you reduce paperwork and waiting times.
Attracting C-Level executives and top-level management can be a daunting and time-consuming process. Identifying the right candidate is key to the success of your business. This is why PGM’s executive search model is a winning solution.
Moma, one of the world’s biggest titanium mineral deposits, is located 160km from the city of Nampula in Mozambique, Africa. It is owned and operated by Kenmare Resources.
The Siguiri gold mine is found within the Siguiri District in the north-east of the Republic of Guinea, West Africa, 850km from the capital city of Conakry.
The Kibali gold mine is situated 560km north-east of Kisangani in the Orientale province, Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC). Developed in an area of 1,836km² on the Moto goldfields, the site is one of the largest gold mines of Africa.
The Oyu Tolgoi gold and copper project, also known as Turquoise Hill, is situated in the south Gobi region of Mongolia, around 80km north of the Chinese-Mongolian border and 550km south of Ulaanbaatar.
KAZ Minerals (previously known as Kazakhmys) owns the Aktogay open-pit copper mine. It is the largest copper producer in Kazakhstan, located in the eastern region of Kazakhstan, approximately 250km from the border with China.
The Olympias gold-silver-lead-zinc massive sulphide underground mine is being re-developed in the Halkidiki Peninsula of northern Greece, Europe. The mine is expected to have a mine life of more than 25 years.
Golden Star (Wassa) (GSWL), a subsidiary of Golden Star, owns and operates the Wassa gold mine in south-west Ghana. Golden Star holds a 90% interest in GSWL, while the Ghanaian Government holds the remaining 10% ownership earning a 5% royalty on the gross revenue of GSWL's gold production.
We’ve all heard the arguments for not using a professional recruiter. They are the same reasons businesses don’t outsource many of the tasks done in-house. Project Global Mining South Africa regional recruitment manager Natalie Bates explains.
Project Global Mining Launches Johannesburg Office and Welcomes Newly Appointed Regional Recruitment Manager
PGM is proud to announce the opening of its first regional office, based in Johannesburg, South Africa, along with the newly appointed regional recruitment manager - Natalie Bates, who will lead the South African & African business.