Directional Core Drilling
Core drilling is extremely valuable as an exploration method. But certain aspects make it slow and more expensive than necessary. Often, long sections must be drilled before reaching the target formation. In addition, natural deviation can change the drill path and reduce the value of the borehole.
With the Devico technology you can complete a drilling program quicker, and with higher accuracy than with traditional core drilling methods.
Devico technology makes it possible to control borehole deviation and steer the hole accurately towards the target. At the same time, core samples are collected during the steering process. When the first hole is finalized it can be sidetracked and used again to steer towards a second target. Sidetracking is easily performed by cutting straight in a curved section of the first hole. By using this method no wedges or cement plugs are necessary. Making several branch holes may significantly reduce the length of a drilling program, leading to remarkable savings in both time and money.
Devico technology has been used successfully all around the world. Our experience tells us you will be surprised by how easily directional core drilling can be implemented in your drilling program
The quality of your geological information will improve for a fraction of the price, and with less impact on the environment!
There are many benefits using DCD in your exploration project. A few of them are listed here.
Compared to standard wireline drilling (re-drilling from surface)
- Reduced drilling length
- Less wear on drilling equipment
- Fewer drill sites
- Less environmental impact
- Full control over natural deviation
- Improved borehole accuracy
- Compared to other directional drilling techniques
- Core in directional sections
- Low water consumption
- All necessary equipment in small start package
- Fits directly on N-size drill string
- High penetration rate in hard rocks
- Easily adjustable dogleg
- Higher dogleg used due to smoother curve
- Drill string rotation also during steering
- Directional surveys performed at hole bottom (throughout DeviDrill bit)
- Full size N-size borehole and no additional reaming required
See more at: http://www.devico.com/services/directional-core-drilling/#sthash.CFicwpLY.dpuf