QMASTOR has been selected by Vale for the provision of its Pit to Port, SMS3D and iFuse systems for installation at their Moatize coal operations near Tete, Mozambique, Africa.
The project covers software licensing, project services and software maintenance and support for an initial 5 year period. QMASTOR will supply Vale with a comprehensive pit to customer management information system that includes:
- Raw and clean coal production
- Stockpile and quality management across the supply chain
- Transportation management of trains, conveyors and trucks
- Trans-shipment and export shipping management
- Despatch demurrage management
- Coal sales contract management
The implementation will include automated data transfers for numerous systems including:
- Modular Dispatch
- ABB Knowledge Manager Historian
QMASTOR chief operating officer, Mr Steve Maxwell, said: "QMASTOR is pleased to extend our relationship with Vale into their coal division. The selection by Vale of QMASTOR at Moatize highlights QMASTOR’s capacity to rapidly deliver a functionally rich solution for managing commodity quality and logistics in this major new coal province within southern Africa.
"This Portuguese based multi-lingual solution provides QMASTOR with a springboard to rapidly extend our market share in Mozambique and also in Brazil – where QMASTOR has been building a solid pipeline of opportunities over the past 12 months."