The Port of Rosyth welcomed their new SAMSON ecological hopper into the port for commissioning....
Forth Ports owns and manages eight commercial ports across the UK, including the Port of Rosyth which is strategically located for road and rail and provides an important connection with mainland Europe and the UK. The Port of Rosyth is currently in an exciting phase of development with a multimillion-pound investment to provide a dedicated agri-bulk facility for Cefetra. The new terminal and improved storage facilities will deliver increased annual throughput and storage capacity positioning Rosyth as the main agri-hub for Scotland.
In developing this new agri-hub, the safety of staff and protection of the environment is paramount. Forth Ports chose a SAMSON Eco Hopper to receive dry bulk materials as it offers a high and reliable import capacity whilst minimising the escape of dust and it is equipped with a host of safety measures to ensure effective and safe performance.
This new ecological hopper conforms to EC Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC and ATEX Directive 2014/34/EU. Internally the Eco Hopper is approved to ATEX zone 20, externally to zone 21 and 22.
- ATEX zoning approval
- Integral cartridge dust filters situated on three sides of the hopper
- Telescopic Cascade Discharge Chute with dual outlets
- High throughput up to 1,200tph
- Robust supporting structure and access platforms
- Dust containment and extraction to protect the port area from dust contamination
- Fast loading into a single truck from two telescopic chutes
- Reduced demurrage costs with quick unloading
- Minimise maintenance downtime and costs
- Cost-efficient design features to minimise dust
- Easily manoeuvrable around site
The New Generation STORMAJOR®: Facilitating Loading and Stockpiling with a Single Integrated Machine
The new generation STORMAJOR® provides a fully integrated system to receive directly from trucks or...
Copper products are at the heart of our power, communications and transport networks, and a...
The new generation STORMAJOR® from SAMSON Materials Handling can help port operators reduce uncertainty and...