Campbell Scientific systems provide the backbone for worldwide mining-monitoring systems, including:
- Slope stability analysis
- Mine ventilation
- Equipment performance
- Environmental compliance
- Air quality
- Water quality
- Weather monitoring
- Dam and tailings monitoring
- Roof and shaft stability
- Lightning warning
Campbell Scientific measurement and control systems are used worldwide in surface and underground mining operations. Wherever a mine is, whatever the data or control requirements are, Campbell Scientific can help.
The company’s systems are ideal for mining applications because they are versatile, rugged, reliable and designed for harsh, remote locations. The company provides stand-alone tools that are built to withstand the harshest environments; once they are programmed and powered, no further interaction is required.
Campbell Scientific systems integrate with existing licensed radio, cellular and satellite communication networks. Both on-grid and off-grid power solutions are available.
Data can be maintained at the site or securely relayed to a global team that uses it to make decisions that reduce risk and increase profits.
Data reporting and communication tools
Reliable data is critical to efficient mining operations. Good, timely data leads to decisions that reduce risk and liability, promote health and safety, efficiently manage equipment, sites, or multiple assets and ensure environmental compliance.
With Campbell Scientific systems, data from anywhere on-site or off-site can be collected at a central location, allowing you to make real-time decisions.
Campbell Scientific systems are compatible with almost any commercially available electronically-based sensors and communication peripherals. The systems use wired or wireless networks to unify the stations and applications at client sites, combine the data, and provide real-time reporting that is viewable on a phone, tablet or PC.
The systems can also control equipment based on time, user input, or environmental conditions.
- Slope stability analysis: lateral displacement, water level and flow, tilt, soil moisture, crack monitoring, and precipitation
- Mine ventilation system: barometric pressure, air temperature, relative humidity, and air velocity
- Equipment performance: temperature, pressure, RPM, velocity, power, acceleration, position, torque, and strain
- Air quality regulation and compliance: solar radiation, gases, particulates, and atmospheric stability class
- Water quality regulation and compliance: pH, conductivity, temperature, turbidity, dissolved oxygen, level, flow, and discharge
- Weather conditions: wind speed and direction, air temperature, precipitation, barometric pressure, and relative humidity
- Dam and tailings monitoring: water level, flow, and turbidity; slope stability; and air and water monitoring
- Roof and shaft stability: changing conditions, crack monitoring, and load distribution
- Lightning warning: electric field, lightning strikes, temperature, relative humidity, wind speed and direction, solar radiation, GPS time sync, barometric pressure, and precipitation
Training in measurement and control systems
Campbell Scientific offers on-site and corporate training to ensure that its systems provide the data that clients need today and into the future.
Local resources for global mine sites
Campbell Scientific’s worldwide network of offices and distributors provides local support and service. The company works with clients to ensure that systems and networks run smoothly.
Campbell Scientific’s custom solutions for mining applications provide owners, engineers and managers with versatile, made-in-the-US systems.
Wherever a mine is, whatever the data or control requirements are, Campbell Scientific can help.