Mobile Equipment and Bulk Material Handling Systems
EMS-TECH Inc has a global reputation for providing world-class solutions while co-operatively working with everyone involved.
EMS-TECH Inc provides world-class solutions while co-operatively working with everyone involved. The company’s specialists are experts in the engineering, design, manufacturing and management of custom-designed bulk material handling equipment and large engineered systems.
EMS-TECH’s portfolio includes stackers, stacker-reclaimers, reclaimers, shiploaders, receiving systems, vessel self-unloading systems and transshipment systems.
Whether it’s a project that requires full engineering development or mobile equipment design or manufacturer surveillance through commissioning, EMS-TECH is the perfect engineering and management capability source in bulk handling.
Mines and bulk terminals
EMS-TECH offers a range of mine and bulk terminal equipment, including:
- Stackers (radial / luffing, pedestal / slewing / luffing and traversing / slewing / luffing)
- Stacker-reclaimers (traversing / slewing / luffing, bucket wheel and two or four quadrant reclaiming)
- Reclaimers (traversing / shuttling / luffing, four quadrant reclaiming and bridge reclaimers / blending)
- Receiving systems
- Storage systems (totally enclosed and automatic input / output)
- Hoppers (for receiving or on outhaul systems)
- Shiploaders (linear, dual linear, quadrant, pedestal and traversing / shuttling / luffing)
Heavy industrial machines for cold weather applications
EMS-TECH has significant experience supplying machines for operations in extremely cold weather environments all year round, such as:
- Ekati Diamond Mine, Nunavik
- Voisey’s Bay Mine, Northern Labrador
Challenging material handling solutions
EMS-TECH provides solutions for material handling challenges:
- Concentrates that self-ignite are handled in Voisey’s Bay
- Concentrates that can be highly abrasive and sticky are handled at Kinder Morgan Vancouver Terminals
- Discharge rates of up to 12,000tph
Machine upgrade and retrofit
EMS-TECH offers a maintenance and repair service to give old equipment a new lease on life. Older industrial equipment that appears to be reaching the end of its life may be serviceable, in which case EMS-TECH rejuvenates the equipment, boosting its economic contribution and effectively adding profit to the business’s bottom line.
Innovative engineering technology for mine applications
EMS-TECH’s outstanding success is largely due to its creative engineering. The company encourages its staff to think differently and affords them the liberty of looking at a problem from a new perspective, resulting in new and cost-effective solutions, for example:
- The ‘C’ loop elevator development keeps EMS-TECH at the forefront of technology
- The feeder gate acts as a low-cost replacement for belt feeders, eliminating dust
- Dust control curtains for large projects in sensitive areas
- Next-generation conveyor transfers to reduce dust, wear and tear, and material degradation
In addition to designing and manufacturing specialist equipment, EMS-TECH also provides the following essential services for the site operations:
- Project management
- Structural analysis
- Equipment / system surveys
- Field advisory services
- Fabricator surveillance
- Procurement and expediting
- Requirements analysis
- Commissioning and start-up
- Replacement parts
EMS-TECH’s industry-specific expertise lies within its multi-disciplined team of experts in engineering, design, manufacturing, purchasing and management of custom-designed bulk material handling equipment and industrial systems.
The strength of the company resides in competence, integrity and its depth of customer relationships worldwide. EMS-TECH’s primary objectives are to complete projects on time and within budget, and to continually meet clients’ goals and objectives.