Tranter Rock Drills
Percussive Rock Drills and Hard Rock Tools
Tranter Rock Drills, new only in name, are the original equipment manufacturers (OEM) for the market-leading range of SECO rock drills. Tranter Rock Drills, a subsidiary of Tranter Holdings, has had its manufacturing operations in Roodepoort, South Africa, since 1940 (operating as Tranter since 2008).
Rock drill drifters
Tranter supplies the following rock frill drifters:
- S140 rear drive drifter – powerful 140mm-diameter bore drifter rock drill for shaft-sinking operations
- S36RB – powerful 114mm drifter with ratchet ring/rifle bar rotation mechanism for long-hole drilling underground mining operations
- S36IR – powerful 114mm drifter with independently controlled rotation mechanism for long-hole drilling underground mining operations
Rock drill jackhammers and breakers
Tranter supplies a range of rock drill jackhammers and breakers, including:
- S25M2 – reduced noise level (muffled), hard-hitting, powerful jackhammer designed for use in any development-end drilling operation where the operator can adopt a standing posture
- S215M2 – reduced noise level (muffled), lightweight, powerful jackhammer for blasthole drilling in low-stoping height conditions
- S21B – tough, reliable jackhammer for drilling small blastholes downwards and block splitting in the dimensional stone industry
- BB35 – heavy-duty paving breaker capable of cutting tarmac and reinforced concrete on construction sites and breaking up boulders in mining and quarrying applications
Longhole drilling accessories and airlegs
Tranter provide longhole drilling accessories and airlegs, including:
- Longhole drilling accessories – including screw feeds, hose sets and control levers, pneumatic centralisers, lubricators and rock drill mounting bar gears
- Airlegs – designed for use with the SECO range of rock drills but may be used with a drill of similar characteristics
Drill rods and bits
Drill rods and bits manufacture the 11° taper rocket system for bits to fit the 22mm and 25mm hexagon drill rods. Bits utilise tungsten carbide tipped buttons. Rods are available with standard 159mm stem end rubber collar and are available in standard lengths between 0.9m and 4.2m long.
We also provide rock drill maintenance and performance evaluation services.
International rock drill services
Tranter Rock Drills services both local and international clients. Locally, we have a dedicated team of representatives spread nationally.
We serve the Sub-Sahara African region, and other countries globally either directly, or via our distribution partners.
Our high-quality rock drills and accessories are designed to lower your business operational costs. We offer an exceptional team to service your business, and an after-sales support structure to suit your company.
Tranter’s new rock drill muffling technology has been commercially available from Tranter since 2008, and complies with the 2013 noise regulations well in advance.