Surface mining involves the extraction of minerals located near the earth’s surface by removing the soil and rock covering the mineral deposits. Common types of surface mining include strip mining and open-pit mining.
Highwall mining is a hybrid form of mining that accesses coal reserves from the base of an exposed highwall. It is typically used when the surface mining operation reaches the economic limitation imposed by the stripping ratio.
Highwall mining can extract the remaining ore at low capital cost than underground mining and uses different equipment than underground mining equipment.
Discover top suppliers of mining tools
Mining Technology has listed leading suppliers of surface and highwall mining equipment, based on its intel, insights, and decades-long experience in the sector.
The list includes suppliers of mining tools, including equipment for surface mining and highwall mining applications.
The information available in the download document is useful for mine owners and operators, procurement managers, and other individuals involved in the acquisition and maintenance of mining tools.
The download contains detailed information on the manufacturers and suppliers and their products and services, along with contact details to aid your purchase decision.
Mining tools and associated products and services
Surface and highwall mining equipment and associated products and services include:
- Drilling, digging, and cutting equipment
- Top hammer drill rigs and down-the-hole drill rigs
- Bulk handling equipment
- Electric mining shovels, hybrid shovels, blasthole drills, draglines, and wheel loaders
- Dozers, motor graders, scrapers, hauling machines, and mining trucks
- Excavators and dumpers
- Support services for mining tools and machines
- Water trucks
- Highwall miners
- Augers and multi-purpose buckets
- Highwall mining system and equipment, and
- Geophysical surveying services