The logistics and transport needs for mining could be both unique and intricate, depending on the mine location and the supply chain complexity.
Mining companies not only require specialised transportation services for the delivery of equipment, machinery, and parts to mine sites but also competitive outbound logistics solutions to transport the mined commodities such as coal, ore, metals, and minerals.
Multimodal logistics involving trucks, trains and vessels provide the critical link for the global mining supply chain. Meticulous planning and the adoption of effective end-to-end logistics solutions could not only provide a competitive advantage but save time and money.
Finding mining logistics companies
Mining Technology has listed leading mining logistics companies based on its experience in the sector.
The list includes providers of mining logistics solutions and services such as cargo shipping, freight forwarding, heavy lifting, break bulk services, pre-shipment and post-shipment services, as well as logistics planning, management and consultancy services.
The information contained within the download document is designed for mining logistics and supply chain managers, purchasing and dispatch officers, logistics co-ordinators, inventory controllers, contracts officers, port managers, as well as mining project directors, mine construction and operations managers, logistics consultants, and any other individual involved in materials handling and storage in the mining sector.
The download contains detailed information on the suppliers and their product and service offerings, alongside contact details to aid your purchasing or hiring decision.
Mining logistics solutions and services
The mining industry requires comprehensive logistics services and solutions to enable smooth transportation of materials from mines, processing plants and inventories to railways, ports, ships, and finally to the destination markets.
Mining logistics solutions and services include:
- Cargo shipping, ship chartering and bareboat contracting
- Heavy-lift, break bulk, towage, and stevedoring services
- Dry-bulk transit forwarding services
- Heavy machinery shipping services
- Mining floats, dollies, trailers, rigid crane trucks, liquid tankers, and side-tippers
- Customised ore wagons, and bottom and side dumpers
- Customs clearance, container handling, warehousing, and transit services
- On-board load and discharge supervision
- Helicopter transport service
- Customised coach, bus, and transport services for mining site personnel
- Logistics consultancy, planning, survey, and project management
Mining companies look for logistics solutions that are reliable, agile, and cost-efficient, as well as offer increased transparency and coordination to optimise production planning and supply chain efficiency.