Reliable power and data transmission systems are critical to ensuring safe and efficient mining operations.
Mine operators require tailor-made energy transmission and communication systems that are highly rugged, durable, and designed to perform well under the extreme conditions of underground and open-cut mines.
Finding the best energy and data transmission systems for mining equipment
Mining Technology has listed the leading suppliers of energy and data transmission solutions for mining applications based on its intel, insights, and decades-long experience in the sector.
The list includes suppliers of a comprehensive range communication systems providing secure and safe data transmission for effective fleet management, coordination, monitoring and control of underground and open-pit mining operations.
The list also includes suppliers of customised power transmission and telecommunication cables, equipment and devices that are capable of handling extreme temperatures and weather conditions, shock and vibration, as well as dirt and dust.
The information contained within the download document is useful for mining consultants, engineers, strategists, technicians, procurement officers, fleet management and mining safety officials, and any other individuals involved in mine operations and process enhancement.
The download contains detailed information on the suppliers and their product and service lines, alongside contact details to aid your purchasing or hiring decision.
Communication and data transmission systems for mining applications
Durable cable and optical fibre networks, wireless communication and high-speed digital networks play a key role in ensuring smooth, safe and efficient mining operations.
Data transmission systems and solutions meant for the mining industry include, but are not limited to:
- Data communication systems via copper cable and fibre optics
- Data communication systems via ethernet and profibus decentralised periphery (DP)
- Wireless radio and video surveillance solutions
- Computer-based remote control and monitoring systems
- Rugged handheld mining radios
- Internet of Things (IoT) communication devices
- Wireless mesh communication systems
- Mobile handheld tablet solutions and accessories, and
- Live monitoring of mobile equipment telemetry
Energy transmission systems for the mining industry
Modern mining is adopting advanced energy transmission systems to power mining equipment, and provide lighting and ventilation for underground and open-cast operations, while reducing environmental impact and energy costs.
With mining increasingly occurring at greater depths than ever before, there has been a growing trend to electrify mining operations to improve safety, productivity and environmental sustainability.
Power transmission solutions used for mining applications include, but are not limited to:
- High-voltage mine feeder cables
- Traction battery systems and supercapacitors for energy storage and recovery
- Trailing and reeling power cables for mining equipment
- Flexible alternating current transmission systems to bring power stability to mining equipment
- Variable frequency drive (VFD) systems for excavators, conveyors, draglines, shovels, mills, fans, and pumps
- High-torque and planetary gearboxes for heavy-duty mining equipment
- Grid and gear couplings, and
- Clutches and brakes for mining equipment
Download our list here.