Mining Soil Stability Systems
- Company Details
- Products & Services
- White Papers
- Press Releases
- Regional Offices
- Contact Company
Presto Geosystems supports mine consultants and their owners to solve challenging soil stabilization problems with the GEOWEB® geocells. The GEOWEB system is a trusted, quality solution for mining soil stability needs, including haul roads, site access roads, slope reclamation, channel armoring and vegetated retaining walls.
Stabilization solutions for mine haul roads
The GEOWEB soil confinement system strengthens and stabilizes infill -allowing the use of on-site fill and even sand. GEOWEB geocells are an economical solution for mine haul roads, base improvement, and tailings containment. Sections are easily transported, even to remote locations, and can be quickly installed with ATRA® keys.
Mine haul roads benefits:
- Creates a stable driving surface, even over soft ground
- Greatly reduces rolling resistance; improves cycles times and fuel savings, reduces mechanical wear and tire damage to haul trucks
- Reduces road maintenance costs
- Reduces overall cross section of stone (average 50% to 85%) and may allow use of on-site fill
- Transports easily and deploys quickly with on-site crews
GEOWEB Slope reclamation services
The GEOWEB 3-D structure stabilizes the upper soil layer on embankments and solves challenging slope erosion control and slope-surface stability problems. GEOWEB slope protection systems are utilized to stabilize cut slopes during mining operations or at mine closure.
Slope protection benefits:
- Confined embankment infill supports sustainable vegetation or permeable infill
- Allows slopes to be designed steeper than when infill is unconfined
- Stable embankments create safer work areas in open pit mines, potentially increasing mineable area
- Provides protection to geomembranes with vegetated or hard-armor aggregate or concrete
The GEOWEB system offers hard armor protection to geomembrane liners in solution ponds, stormwater containment and tailings storage facilities. A complete engineered geocell cover solution includes the GEOWEB material with high-strength tendons and load transfer clips. The system may be designed to be compatible with all liner types.
GEOWEB channel armoring open-channels and hydraulic structures
GEOWEB mine channels are designed for open channels and stormwater control with topsoil/vegetation, aggregate or concrete infill. Ideally suited for surface-water diversion channels, surface process-water channels, channel remediation and movement of tailings materials.
Channel system benefits:
- Eliminates the need for costly rock in drainage ditches and stormwater swales by replacing rip rip with a low-maintenance, vegetated GEOWEB/TRM solution to resist higher velocities.
- Confinement allows use of smaller aggregates, even on-site waste material
- Concrete infill is a flexible, hard-armor solution to achieve greater stability and resistance to flows
Channel armoring applications:
- Surface-water diversion channels
- Surface process-water channels
- Channel remediation
- Movement of tailings materials
GEOWEB Retaining walls for mine slopes
GEOWEB retaining walls offer structural stability with the distinct advantage of a sustainable, completely vegetated fascia. The earth-retention system can withstand reasonable differential settlement without loss of structural integrity, can be constructed in remote areas with difficult access.
Retaining wall applications:
- Steepened embankments in areas with limited site access
- Road cut and fill through mountainous areas
- Berm protection and stabilization of tailings/waste containment lagoons
670 N Perkins Street
United States of America
Contact: Bryan Wedin (PE, chief design engineer)
+1 920 738 1328
GEOWEB® Geocell Solutions for the Mining Industry
Available White Papers
GEOWEB® The 3D Solution for Stabilizing Mine Haul Roads The GEOWEB® 3D confinement system is an economical and fast to deploy load support solution for mine haul roads that delivers faster cycle times, significantly reduced road maintenance, and minimal rutting and wash-boarding.