The GEOWEB® 3D confinement system is an economical and fast to deploy load support solution for mine haul roads that delivers faster cycle times, significantly reduced road maintenance, and minimal rutting and wash-boarding.
Presto Geosystems supports mine consultants and their owners to solve challenging soil stabilization problems with the GEOWEB® geocells. The GEOWEB system is a trusted, quality solution for mining soil stability needs, including haul roads, site access roads, slope reclamation, channel armoring and vegetated retaining walls.
Stabilization solutions for mine haul roads
The GEOWEB soil confinement system strengthens and stabilizes infill -allowing the use of on-site fill and even sand. GEOWEB geocells are an economical solution for mine haul roads, base improvement, and tailings containment. Sections are easily transported, even to remote locations, and can be quickly installed with ATRA® keys.
Mine haul roads benefits:
- Creates a stable driving surface, even over soft ground
- Greatly reduces rolling resistance; improves cycles times and fuel savings, reduces mechanical wear and tire damage to haul trucks
- Reduces road maintenance costs
- Reduces overall cross section of stone (average 50% to 85%) and may allow use of on-site fill
- Transports easily and deploys quickly with on-site crews
GEOWEB Slope reclamation services
The GEOWEB 3-D structure stabilizes the upper soil layer on embankments and solves challenging slope erosion control and slope-surface stability problems. GEOWEB slope protection systems are utilized to stabilize cut slopes during mining operations or at mine closure.
Slope protection benefits:
- Confined embankment infill supports sustainable vegetation or permeable infill
- Allows slopes to be designed steeper than when infill is unconfined
- Stable embankments create safer work areas in open pit mines, potentially increasing mineable area
- Provides protection to geomembranes with vegetated or hard-armor aggregate or concrete
The GEOWEB system offers hard armor protection to geomembrane liners in solution ponds, stormwater containment and tailings storage facilities. A complete engineered geocell cover solution includes the GEOWEB material with high-strength tendons and load transfer clips. The system may be designed to be compatible with all liner types.
GEOWEB channel armoring open-channels and hydraulic structures
GEOWEB mine channels are designed for open channels and stormwater control with topsoil/vegetation, aggregate or concrete infill. Ideally suited for surface-water diversion channels, surface process-water channels, channel remediation and movement of tailings materials.
Channel system benefits:
- Eliminates the need for costly rock in drainage ditches and stormwater swales by replacing rip rip with a low-maintenance, vegetated GEOWEB/TRM solution to resist higher velocities.
- Confinement allows use of smaller aggregates, even on-site waste material
- Concrete infill is a flexible, hard-armor solution to achieve greater stability and resistance to flows
Channel armoring applications:
- Surface-water diversion channels
- Surface process-water channels
- Channel remediation
- Movement of tailings materials
GEOWEB Retaining walls for mine slopes
GEOWEB retaining walls offer structural stability with the distinct advantage of a sustainable, completely vegetated fascia. The earth-retention system can withstand reasonable differential settlement without loss of structural integrity, can be constructed in remote areas with difficult access.
Retaining wall applications:
- Steepened embankments in areas with limited site access
- Road cut and fill through mountainous areas
- Berm protection and stabilization of tailings/waste containment lagoons
In May 1995, 70,000sf of large-cell (GW40V) GEOWEB® slope protection system was utilized on Phase II of the Cyprus Miami Open-Pit Mine to stabilize the cut slopes upon completion of copper extraction at the site.
PRESTO GEOSYSTEMS® leads the storm water and site development industry with eco-friendly, custom-tailored solutions to meet the most demanding soil and water problems.
Amara Mining Côte d’Ivoire (Amara) proposed to restart the historical Yaoure mine, which has been placed on care and maintenance since 2011 due to political uncertainty. Amara Mining Côte d’Ivoire (Amara, formerly Cluff Gold) acquired the mine in 2004.
Geocells (cellular confinement) offer a more effective and practical 3D design solution to load support challenges than multilayered 2D geogrid efforts. Geocells transfer applied loads instantaneously, delivering practical soil stabilization in a product that is fast and easy to install.
Presto Geosystems' GEOPAVE® porous pavements were utilised, along with other environmental and sustainable products in a popular Wisconsin nature preserve, the Ridges Sanctuary, in their pursuit for a LEED® Platinum rating.
Presto Geosystems®, a leading manufacturer of soil stabilisation and stormwater products, has announced a new product offering, GEOTERRA® GTO construction mats.
Presto Geosystems has released a new white paper to showcase its products and services on the Mining Technology website.
Presto Geosystems has released a case study detailing the work it undertook at an open cut mining operation producing 14 million tonnes of overburden.
Presto Geosystems to Attend 142nd SME Annual Meeting & Exhibit and CMA 115th National Western Mining Conference & Exhibition
Presto Geosystems is to attend the 142nd SME Annual Meeting & Exhibit and CMA 115th National Western Mining Conference & Exhibition, which takes place from February 24-27 2013.
Presto Geosystems, a company that solves challenging soil stabilisation problems at mines with the genuine Geoweb® cellular confinement system, will be exhibiting at MINExpo International, taking place in Las Vegas, Nevada, US, on the 24-26 September 2012.