Galaxy Resources has reached an agreement to acquire the remaining stake in General Mining Corporation for approximately A$216m ($155.12m).

The transaction is expected to close in the third quarter of 2016, with the two parties then merging and creating a leading diversified, global lithium producer. Galaxy will hold a 71% stake in the merged company, while General Mining will hold the remaining 29%.

"The transaction is expected to close in the third quarter of 2016."

Almonty Industries has entered a non-binding agreement to acquire 19% of ATC Alloys’s issued and to be issued shares.

Under the agreement, shareholders of ATC will receive one new Almonty share in the form of CHESS Depository Interests (CDIs) for each 10.38 ATC shares held. The transaction will result in the transfer of ATC’s interests in the ATC Ferrotungsten Project, Vietnam, to Almonty.

Capital Mining has entered a binding agreement to acquire 100% of shares issued by Wolfhound Lithium for A$0.65M ($0.46m).

The transaction will grant Capital Mining the interests in the Borris, Ballon and Tinahely lithium projects, south-east of the Republic of Ireland.

How well do you really know your competitors?

Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.

Company Profile – free sample

Thank you!

Your download email will arrive shortly

Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample

We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below form

By GlobalData
Visit our Privacy Policy for more information about our services, how we may use, process and share your personal data, including information of your rights in respect of your personal data and how you can unsubscribe from future marketing communications. Our services are intended for corporate subscribers and you warrant that the email address submitted is your corporate email address.