While countries such as the US make progress towards safer mining industries, others, such as South Africa, continue to struggle as technical and legislative issues undermine the safety of mining operations. We look at a range of the largest mining safety influencers on social media who are changing the way we think about mining.
1) ICMM / @ICMM_com / 8,022 followers. “Strengthening the contribution of mining, minerals and metals to sustainable development.”
2) Safe to Work / @safetowork / 2,955. “A communication channel within the Australian mining industry that exclusively focuses on safety products and services.”
3) Morton Salt / @mortonsalt / 2,168. “To make roads and sidewalks safer. To keep business and industry running.”
4) Lafarge Group / @LafargeGroup / 2,125. “The leading company for cement, aggregates and concrete.”
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
5) Mine Safety Center / @minesafetyctr / 1,506. “MSHA training for busy mine operators and mining contractors.”
6) MSHA / @MSHA_DOL / 1,380. “Promoting safe, healthful mining workplaces, and prevents mining deaths, illnesses and injuries.”
7) Jamie Ross / @theminingman / 1,134. “Leadership, safety and productivity ideas for leaders in the mining industry.”
8) West Virginia Coal Forum / @wvcoalforum / 1,117. “A means for management and labour leaders to develop joint legislative issues and programmes.”
9) Imerys / @Imerys / 1,051. “World leader in mineral-based specialty solutions for industry.”
10) Mining Safety / @MiningSafety / 901. “Sharing the expertise gained in the development of a safety portal with our colleagues in the mining industry.”
11) Martin Marietta / @MartinMarietta / 773. “A leading supplier of aggregates and heavy building materials.”
12) Shelly Company / @Shellycompany / 755. “Vertically-integrated aggregates, asphalt, ready mix, building materials & contract paving producer & supplier.”
13) Tricia Valentim / @TriciaValentim / 537. “Working in Health & Safety in the Mining sector.”
14) Mark Holmes / @mark_icmm / 466. “ICMM manager interested in all things health, safety, tailings and innovation in the mining industry.”
15) Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety / @DMIRS_WA / 418. “Working for a safe, fair and responsible future for the Western Australia resources sector.”
16) Mine Health and Safety Council / @MHSC_SA / 414. “Advice on occupational health & safety legislation.”
17) Andrew Smith / @CoalSafety / 380. “Passionate about making sure people go home from work in one piece.”
1) Cargill / 654,085 followers. “We help all of our partners innovate and manage risk, so they can nourish the world again tomorrow.”
2) Nyrstar / 27,802. “A global multi-metals business, with a market leading position in zinc and lead.”
3) Rogers Group / 3,199. “Providers of crushed stone, sand and gravel, asphalt, highway construction and concrete masonry products.”
4) Carmeuse Group / 2,138. “Global producer of lime, high calcium limestone and dolomitic stone.”
5) Nuclear Waste Partnership / 156. “Committed not only to maintaining that standard, but improving on it wherever we can.”
Mining Technology’s Mining Safety content is supported by USA mining safety specialists Carroll Technologies Group.