Elephant Lifting Equipment
Electric Chain and Bull Lever Hoists, Jib Cranes, Heavy-Duty Winches and Pulling Machines
Elephant Lifting Equipment is a specialist supplier of lifting equipment and represents the world’s leading brands and manufacturers. With in-house industrial and electrical engineering expertise, Elephant Lifting Equipment designs, manufactures, installs and commissions special lifting systems and attachments. All equipment is manufactured to international engineering standards and is supplied with certificates of test and conformance.
We provide the following products and services:
- EOT and jib cranes
- Electric chain hoists
- Chain and lever blocks
- Winches and wire rope pulling machines
- Lifting and spreader beams
- Mechanical grabs and clamps
- Slings: chain, polyester and steel wire rope
- Crane and standard steel wire rope
- Shackles and rigging accessories
- Goods lifts
- Service and repairs
- Proof load testing and certification
- Training and safety seminars
Electric chain hoists
Elephant Lifting Equipment provides electric chain hoists (DA and FA), which are manufactured to ISO 9001 QAS and designed to the JIS 8815/1987 design standard.
Rated as the best available worldwide, Elephant Lifting Equipment’s electric chain hoists are ideal for extra heavy-duty applications found in the mining industry.
- Reliable and durable limit switch (DA only)
- Highly durable case-hardened load chain (DA only)
- Unique chain guide (DA only)
- Tough durable motor
- High-precision, low-power consumption electro-magnetic brake (DA only)
- Operated by low voltage (24V) control
- Available as 380V / 550V
- IP55 rated (FA only)
- Overload alarm hook (FA only)
- Reliable electro-magnetic DC brake (FA only)
- Highly durable load chain (FA only)
- Totally enclosed steel plate construction (FA only)
- Wiring – simple plug-in, plug-out connection of wires (FA only)
Bull lever hoists
Elephant Lifting Equipment offers bull lever hoists that are rated as the best available worldwide, designed to the JIS 8819 design standard and manufactured to ISO 9001 QAS. The bull lever hoists have the following features:
- Super-strong heat-treated load chain (McKinnon GR1000)
- Quick-lift adjustment by floating cam
- Unique knock pins (prevents misalignment of gear cover by shock)
- Humidified friction discs and rust-proof ratchet wheel
- Hooks of easier handling shape (enlarged hook opening for easier handling)
- Special non-slip design of handle allows for safe operation in wet conditions
Elephant Lifting Equipment offers Tusker pulling machines, which can be used as a hoist, winch, tensioner, binder, ratchet, and much more. The pulling machines are used extensively by the construction, mining, transportation and civil engineering industries.
Tusker pulling machines can be supplied with blockstop safety devices as an optional extra. This is particularly suitable for applications where supplementary safety is required, for instance on personal platforms or suspended scaffolding.
Heavy-duty and light-duty winches
Elephant Lifting Equipment provides a range of Tusker heavy-duty / light-duty winches, including:
- Heavy-duty electric winches: capacities ranging from 500kg to 10,000kg, and with drum capacities up to 200m
- Heavy-duty air winches: capacities ranging from 500kg to 5,000kg; drum capacities up to 150m
- Heavy-duty hand winches: capacities ranging from 500kg to 10,000kg; drum capacities up to 100m
- Light-duty trailer winches: capacities ranging from 250kg to 1,000kg; drum capacities up to 20m; suitable for webbing
Overhead travelling cranes
Elephant Lifting Equipment offers the Tusker® range of overhead travelling cranes. This includes the Tusker top-riding overhead motorised crane, top-riding overhead gear-driven crane, the top-riding overhead push-type crane, the underslung overhead motorised crane, the underslung overhead gear-driven crane and the underslung overhead push-type crane.
Overhead travelling cranes from Tusker have a working load limit of 250kg to 10,000kg, span up to 25m and downshop lengths of up to 100m, and are installed, commissioned and proof-load tested by Elephant Lifting Equipment.
Free-standing and column-mounted jib cranes
Tusker free-standing and column-mounting jib cranes have a 250kg to 5,000kg working load limit, up to 360° slew, arm length of up to 6m and lift height up to 6m; are installed, commissioned and load tested; and are suitable for electric and manual hoists.
Independent monorails for electric and manual hoists
Independent monorails from Tusker are suitable for electric and manual hoists, and are designed to any length or configuration. They have a working load limit of 250kg-20,000kg, with a beam that can be bent to radius. Elephant Lifting Equipment installs, commissions and load tests Tusker independent monorails.
Steel wire ropes for cranes
Elephant Lifting Equipment offers Tusker steel wire rope for cranes, which is manufactured to DIN 3064 and supplied with manufacturers’ certificate of conformance. The wire rope is offered as galvanised rope lubricated with light dry lubrication, or ungalvanised rope lubricated with heavy “G-Bex” type lubrication.