Prefabricated Modular Buildings, Containers and Porta Cabins
Karmod Prefabricated Building Technologies was established in 1986 in Istanbul/Turkey as a manufacturer of prefabricated buildings, containers, modular cabins and pre-engineered steel buildings.
Providing the leading national and international mining, oil and gas, construction and defense industry companies economic and quality solutions in their projects, Karmod shared many of the success stories of these organizations for years.
With its $50m annual turnover, Karmod has been involved in large-scale mining projects with its modular and environmentally-friendly solutions for prefabricated mining camps containing modular accommodation buildings, prefabricated office buildings, dining halls, clinics, training and education buildings and other temporary and permanent mining camp facilities.
In addition to modular building solutions produced and installed efficiently in a short period of time, Karmod also produces ready-to-use and portable containers and polyester cabins that are energy-efficient and can be comfortably used in severe weather conditions.
Karmod successfully completed challenging projects from Australia to United States and is proud to be exporting products manufactured in modern facilities located on 21,500m² land and equipped with state of the art technology to more than 70 countries.
Karmod’s product portfolio includes:
- Modular panelized buildings
- Mobile monoblock and flat pack containers
- Portable polyester cabins
- Containerized residential and commercial facilities
- Steel houses and villas
- Pre-engineered steel structures
- Water tanks
Prefabricated mining camp buildings
Karmod offers perfect solutions to the mining industry that enable mining companies to quickly provide their workers with an ergonomic camps customized for their own needs. Panelized system allows Karmod to mass produce economic and error-free modular buildings and easily ship the compact panel units to any international location.
Prefabricated mining camp facilities can be manufactured as single or double storey buildings. Karmods innovative bolted designs are optimized to be erected efficiently and relocated without consuming a lot of time and wasting structural and non-structural elements. Some of the camp products Karmod provides include:
- Workforce housing
- Mining offices
- Dining halls
- Health centers
- Recreation units
- Schools and training facilities
- GSM containers
- Sanitary shelters
Containerized building system permitting the construction of single, double and three storey structures on site using container-like prefabricated structural units is also widely preferred and competent alternative to panelized system. This option makes use of the advantages of flat pack containers and is open to creative design approaches.
Mining camps built from up to 80m² modular cabins, the global leader producer of which is Karmod, is another solution offered, which is installed using modular and demountable units extended with sandwich cabin panels.
Some past modular camp projects and references
- Azerbaijan, BP Shangachal Terminal camp facilities
- Iraq, Baghdad, 1600 prefabricated residential housing units on 135,000m² total building area
- Libya (Tripoli, Misrata and Benghazi) and Sudan (Khartoum), Containerized workforce camps
- Algeria, Kazakhistan and Kongo, Prefabricated workforce camp buildings and containers
- Senegal (Dakar) and Eritrea (Asmara), mining camp – modular cabin camps
- Somalia, Workforce camp – Modular cabin camp
- Turkey, Erzincan, Anagold Mining Company – Prefabricated office building
- Turkey, Van, 500 emergency accommodation units – Container homes