Sometimes, all it takes is one drop to ruin your tablet or laptop computer (along with your music, photos and files). With that in mind, Pelican Products has introduced a range of HardBack protector cases as travel armour for portable electronics from 7in and 10in tablets to 14in and 15in laptops.
Produced from a design partnership with BMW DesignWorks, the HardBack series cases are built with all the legendary features of a Pelican case. They are crush resistant, watertight and have an automatic pressure equalisation valve that prevents vacuum lock to make it easier to open at any altitude.
Dinis Jablonski, director of product management, said: "We are pleased to have combined BMW’s amazing design know-how with our 30+ years of experience to produce this innovative series of case as extremely tough protection for almost any portable device on the market today."
In addition, all cases in the series offer anti-scratch foam inserts to add another layer of protection for delicate electronics. To ensure that they stay shut in tough conditions, they also sport stainless steel hardware and easy-snap latches. Like all Pelican products, they are backed by a legendary guarantee of excellence:
- The Pelican 1055 HardBack case is designed to protect tablet-type computers and eReaders up to 8in including the Kindle Fire, NOOK Color, BlackBerry Playbook and Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.1 from the harshest conditions known to man.
- The Pelican 1065 HardBack case is engineered to protect tablet-type computers up to 10in. This includes the iPad, iPad 2 and the Motorola Xoom from extreme environments.
- The Pelican 1075 HardBack is available to fit 10.1in tablets, external hard drives and netbooks.
- The Pelican i1075 iPad case is also available with features that include a specially designed interior that protects and organises the iPad or iPad 2, Apple Bluetooth wireless keyboard, power adapter and download cables.
- The Pelican 1085 HardBack case is a completely redesigned laptop case that will replace the 1080 HardBack case in the Pelican case line. It protects computers up to 14in, features a nylon shoulder strap and weighs in at a mere 1.18kg without foam.
- The Pelican 1095 HardBack case is a completely redesigned laptop case that will replace the 1090 HardBack case in the Pelican case line. It protects computers up to 15in, features a nylon shoulder strap and weighs in at a mere 1.32kg.
Both the Pelican 1095 and 1085 HardBack cases feature padlock slots for extra security and are available with Pick N Pluck foam.