Gold Fields Limited has entered into a binding agreement with Iamgold to acquire its 18.9% minority stake in the Tarkwa and Damang gold mines in Ghana, for a total value of $667m.

With this acquisition, Gold Fields interest in both the mines will increase from 71.1% to 90% and the remaining 10% interest will be held by the Government of Ghana.

The transaction is expected to be complete by 31 July 2011.

On completion of the transaction, Gold Fields will acquire an additional 181,000oz of annual production at current cash costs of $540/oz and Notional Cash Expenditure[1] of about $940/oz.

The company will also acquire an additional 2.14 million reserve ounces at a cost of $300/oz and an additional 3.27 million resource ounces at a cost of approximately $198/oz.

How well do you really know your competitors?

Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.

Company Profile – free sample

Thank you!

Your download email will arrive shortly

Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample

We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below form

By GlobalData
Visit our Privacy Policy for more information about our services, how we may use, process and share your personal data, including information of your rights in respect of your personal data and how you can unsubscribe from future marketing communications. Our services are intended for corporate subscribers and you warrant that the email address submitted is your corporate email address.