Receive our newsletter – data, insights and analysis delivered to you
  1. News
September 28, 2018

M&As this week: Bonterra, Capricorn Metals, Great Panther Silver

Bonterra Resources has completed the acquisition of Metanor Resources, following a definitive agreement signed in July.

Bonterra Resources has completed the acquisition of Metanor Resources, following a definitive agreement signed in July.

Bonterra issued 1.6039 common shares for each share of Metanor, as per the terms of the agreement.

The acquisition will create a new gold exploration and development company focussed on mining projects in the Urban-Barry Quebec gold camp of Canada. It will also expand Bonterra’s strategic position in the region.

Both the companies involved in the acquisition are gold exploration companies based in Canada.

Capricorn Metals has received an acquisition offer from Regis Resources.

Regis proposes to acquire 100% of Capricorn Metals by paying at 11.4¢ in its shares for each share of the latter.

The proposal is subject to certain conditions, including a recommendation from Capricorn’s board members.

“Great Panther Silver has entered a scheme implementation deed with Beadell Resources to acquire the latter for $105m.”

Capricorn Metals is a gold mining company, while Regis Resources is a gold and nickel mining company. The two firms are based in Australia.

Great Panther Silver has entered a scheme implementation deed with Beadell Resources to acquire the latter for $105m.

Beadell shareholders will receive 0.0619 Great Panther common shares for each share held. A total of 103.6 million shares will be issued by Great Panther, as part of the deal.

The acquisition will create a new precious metals producer company with a wide portfolio. Great Panther shareholders will hold a 62% interest in the combined company, while Beadell shareholders will hold the remaining 38% interest.

Great Panther is a Canada-based silver mining and precious metal producing company, while Beadell is an Australia-based gold producing company and owner and operator of Tucano gold mine located in Amapa State, northern Brazil.

Barrick Gold and Randgold Resources have agreed to merge and create a gold mining company named New Barrick Group with a market capitalisation of $18.3bn.

Barrick shareholders will have a 33.33% interest in the combined company, while Randgold shareholders will hold the remaining.

The transaction is expected to be closed in the first quarter of 2019.

The merger transaction is expected to improve the strategic position of both the companies in the global gold mining industry.

Barrick is a Canadian gold mining company, while Randgold is a US-based gold mining company.

Related Companies

NEWSLETTER Sign up Tick the boxes of the newsletters you would like to receive. The top stories of the day delivered to you every weekday. A weekly roundup of the latest news and analysis, sent every Friday. The mining industry's most comprehensive news and information delivered every month.
I consent to GlobalData UK Limited collecting my details provided via this form in accordance with the Privacy Policy
SUBSCRIBED

THANK YOU