North America’s metals & mining industry saw a drop of 30.36% in deal activity during October 2022, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by Uranium Energy’s $108.66m asset transaction with Rio Tinto, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 39 metals & mining industry deals worth $231.9m were announced for the region in October 2022, against the 12-month average of 56 deals.
Of all the deal types, M&A saw most activity in October 2022 with 38 transactions, representing a 97.4% share for the region.
In second place was venture financing with one deal capturing a 2.6% share of the overall deal activity for the month.
In terms of value of deals, M&A was the leading category in North America’s metals & mining industry with $146.88m, followed by venture financing deals totalled $85m.
North America metals & mining industry deals in October 2022: Top deals
The top five metals & mining deals accounted for 60.2% of the overall value during October 2022.
The combined value of the top five metals & mining deals stood at $139.54m, against the overall value of $231.9m recorded for the month.
The top five metals & mining industry deals of October 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Uranium Energy’s $108.66m asset transaction deal with Rio Tinto
2) The $21.88m asset transaction deal with Earthlabs by 1377900 BC
3) Cartier Iron’s $4.5m asset transaction deal for Chorrillos Project
4) The $3.25m asset transaction of Zaryadka Lithium by Canadian Goldcamps
5) Mining Equities’s $1.24m asset transaction deal with Newfoundland Discovery