North America’s metals & mining industry saw a drop of 14.04% in deal activity during November 2022, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by Triple Flag Precious Metals’ $606m acquisition of Maverix Metals, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 49 metals & mining industry deals worth $849m were announced for the region in November 2022, against the 12-month average of 57 deals.
Of all the deal types, M&A saw most activity in November 2022 with 46 transactions, representing a 93.9% share for the region.
In second place was private equity with two deals, followed by venture financing deals with one transactions, respectively capturing a 4.1% and 2.04% share of the overall deal activity for the month.
In terms of value of deals, M&A was the leading category in North America’s metals & mining industry with $790.66m, while private equity and venture financing deals totalled $57.94m and $0.4m, respectively.
North America metals & mining industry deals in November 2022: Top deals
The top five metals & mining deals accounted for 96.1% of the overall value during November 2022.
The combined value of the top five metals & mining deals stood at $816.01m, against the overall value of $849m recorded for the month.
The top five metals & mining industry deals of November 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Triple Flag Precious Metals’s $606m acquisition deal with Maverix Metals
2) The $115.1m acquisition of 1361516 B.C. by Li-FT Power
3) Cerberus Capital Management, Greentech Minerals Holdings and Hegemon Capital’s $50m private equity deal with Torngat Metals
4) The $30.09m asset transaction of Troilus Gold by Sayona Quebec
5) Kenadyr Mining’s $14.82m acquisition deal with Karus Gold