Total Metals & mining industry deals worth $9.8bn were announced globally for May 2022, with the Gold Fields $6.7bn acquisition of Yamana Gold being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 24.9% over the previous month of $7.86bn and a rise of 73.5% when compared with the last 12-month average of $5.66bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 9.26% with 49 deals in May 2022 when compared to the last 12-month average of 54 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with deals worth $7.44bn in May 2022.
Metals & mining industry deals in May 2022: Top deals
The top five deals accounted for 97.5% of the overall value during May 2022.
The combined value of the top five deals stood at $9.57bn, against the overall value of $9.8bn recorded for the month.
The top five Metals & mining industry deals of May 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Gold Fields $6.7bn acquisition deal with Yamana Gold
2) The $2bn acquisition of Denway Development by Seroja Investment
3) Sandstorm Gold $646.37m acquisition deal with Nomad RoyaltyLtd
4) The $120m acquisition of 25% stake in OM Materials (Samalaju) Sdn and OM Materials (Sarawak) Sdn by OM Materials (S)
5) Stanmix Holding $105m acquisition deal with AO Kun-Manie