Total metals & mining industry deals worth $8.6bn were announced globally for October 2022, with Cosan’s $4bn acquisition deal for 4.9% stake in Vale being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 181.3% over the previous month of $3.05bn and a rise of 11.1% when compared with the last 12-month average of $7.72bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 30.51% with 82 deals in October 2022 when compared to the last 12-month average of 118 deals.
In value terms, South and Central America led the activity with deals worth $4.36bn in October 2022.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
Metals & Mining industry deals in October 2022: Top deals
The top five deals accounted for 88.9% of the overall value during October 2022.
The combined value of the top five deals stood at $7.63bn, against the overall value of $8.6bn recorded for the month.
The top five metals & mining industry deals of October 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Cosan’s $4bn acquisition deal for 4.9% stake in Vale
2) The $2.22bn acquisition of 60% stake in Nanjing Nangang Iron & Steel United by Jiangsu Shagang Group
3) Zijin Mining Group’s $817.83m acquisition deal for 84% stake in Anhui Jinsha Molybdenum
4) The $360m acquisition of 95% stake in Rosebel Gold Mines by Zijin Mining Group
5) Harmony Gold Mining’s $230m asset transaction deal with Copper Mountain Mining