Total Metals & mining industry deals worth $7.36bn were announced globally for April 2022, with the $6.3bn acquisition of 29.99% stake in Polyus being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 80.4% over the previous month of $4.08bn and a rise of 46.03% when compared with the last 12-month average of $5.04bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 47.27% with 29 deals in April 2022 when compared to the last 12-month average of 55 deals.
In value terms, Europe led the activity with deals worth $6.54bn in April 2022.
Metals & mining industry deals in April 2022: Top deals
The top five deals accounted for 98% of the overall value during April 2022.
The combined value of the top five deals stood at $7.22bn, against the overall value of $7.36bn recorded for the month.
The top five Metals & mining industry deals of April 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) AKROPOL GROUP $6.3bn acquisition deal for 29.99% stake in Polyus
2) The $311.5m acquisition of Sun Metals Holdings by Korea Zinc
3) Norsk Hydro $238.56m acquisition deal with Alumetal
4) The $200m acquisition of 50.1% stake in PT. Sunny Metal Industry by Walsin Lihwa
5) Aeris Resources $167.1m acquisition deal with Round Oak Minerals