Total metals & mining industry deals worth $3.1bn were announced globally for September 2022, with the Agnico Eagle Mines’s $580m acquisition deal for 50% stake in Minas de San Nicolas being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 8.9% over the previous month of $2.8bn and a drop of 65.7% when compared with the last 12-month average of $8.9bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 16.10% with 99 deals in September 2022 when compared to the last 12-month average of 118 deals.
In value terms, Asia-Pacific led the activity with deals worth $1.89bn in September 2022.
Metals & Mining industry deals in September 2022: Top deals
The top five deals accounted for 67.8% of the overall value during September 2022.
The combined value of the top five deals stood at $2.06bn, against the overall value of $3.1bn recorded for the month.
The top five metals & mining industry deals of September 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Agnico Eagle Mines’s $580m acquisition deal for 50% stake in Minas de San Nicolas
2) The $501.77m merger of Tata Steel and Tata Steel Long Products
3) The $452.77m merger deal with Tata Steel and The Tinplateof India Limited
4) The $329.7m merger of Tata Metaliks and Tata Steel
5) AngloGold Ashanti’s $200m asset transaction deal with Coeur Mining