Total metals & mining industry deals worth $1.9bn were announced globally for October 2021, with the $763.83m acquisition of Neo Lithium being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 51.2% over the previous month of $3.91bn and a drop of 52.01% when compared with the last 12-month average of $3.98bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 45.76% with 32 deals in October 2021 when compared to the last 12-month average of 59 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with deals worth $926.2m in October 2021.
metals & mining industry deals in October 2021: Top deals
The top five deals accounted for 92.4% of the overall value during October 2021.
The combined value of the top five deals stood at $1.77bn, against the overall value of $1.9bn recorded for the month.
The top five metals & mining industry deals of October 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Zijin Mining Group $763.83m acquisition deal with Neo Lithium
2) The $571.59m acquisition of Anhui Dahua Dongfang MiningLimited and Anhui Sanli MiningLimited by Flat Glass Group
3) China Coal Pingshuo GroupLimited $220.63m acquisition deal with Pingshuo Industrial Group
4) The $145.62m acquisition of Fiore Gold by Calibre Mining
5) Pallinghurst Nickel International $64.82m acquisition deal with Talon Metals