Total metals & mining industry deals worth $1.9bn were announced globally for October 2021, with the $763.83m acquisition of Neo Lithium being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 51.2% over the previous month of $3.91bn and a drop of 52.01% when compared with the last 12-month average of $3.98bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 45.76% with 32 deals in October 2021 when compared to the last 12-month average of 59 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with deals worth $926.2m in October 2021.
metals & mining industry deals in October 2021: Top deals
The top five deals accounted for 92.4% of the overall value during October 2021.
The combined value of the top five deals stood at $1.77bn, against the overall value of $1.9bn recorded for the month.
The top five metals & mining industry deals of October 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Zijin Mining Group $763.83m acquisition deal with Neo Lithium
2) The $571.59m acquisition of Anhui Dahua Dongfang MiningLimited and Anhui Sanli MiningLimited by Flat Glass Group
3) China Coal Pingshuo GroupLimited $220.63m acquisition deal with Pingshuo Industrial Group
4) The $145.62m acquisition of Fiore Gold by Calibre Mining
5) Pallinghurst Nickel International $64.82m acquisition deal with Talon Metals