Total metals & mining industry deals worth $1.8bn were announced globally for November 2022, with Triple Flag Precious Metals’s $606m acquisition deal with Maverix Metals being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 80.4% over the previous month of $9.19bn and a drop of 77.5% when compared with the last 12-month average of $7.99bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 27.12% with 86 deals in November 2022 when compared to the last 12-month average of 118 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with deals worth $849m in November 2022.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
Metals & Mining industry deals in November 2022: Top deals
The top five deals accounted for 89.3% of the overall value during November 2022.
The combined value of the top five deals stood at $1.61bn, against the overall value of $1.8bn recorded for the month.
The top five metals & mining industry deals of November 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Triple Flag Precious Metals’s $606m acquisition deal with Maverix Metals
2) The $565.04m acquisition of 20% stake in Zhaojin Mining Industry by Jinshan (Hong Kong) International Mining
3) Sichuan Development Lomon’s $249.14m acquisition deal for 49% stake in Chongqing Iron & Steel (Group)
4) The $115.1m acquisition of 1361516 B.C. by Li-FT Power
5) Thungela Resources’s $69.98m acquisition deal for 27% stake in Anglo American Inyosi Coal (Proprietary)