Total metals & mining industry deals worth $1.8bn were announced globally for November 2022, with Triple Flag Precious Metals’s $606m acquisition deal with Maverix Metals being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 80.4% over the previous month of $9.19bn and a drop of 77.5% when compared with the last 12-month average of $7.99bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 27.12% with 86 deals in November 2022 when compared to the last 12-month average of 118 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with deals worth $849m in November 2022.
Metals & Mining industry deals in November 2022: Top deals
The top five deals accounted for 89.3% of the overall value during November 2022.
The combined value of the top five deals stood at $1.61bn, against the overall value of $1.8bn recorded for the month.
The top five metals & mining industry deals of November 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Triple Flag Precious Metals’s $606m acquisition deal with Maverix Metals
2) The $565.04m acquisition of 20% stake in Zhaojin Mining Industry by Jinshan (Hong Kong) International Mining
3) Sichuan Development Lomon’s $249.14m acquisition deal for 49% stake in Chongqing Iron & Steel (Group)
4) The $115.1m acquisition of 1361516 B.C. by Li-FT Power
5) Thungela Resources’s $69.98m acquisition deal for 27% stake in Anglo American Inyosi Coal (Proprietary)