Total metals & mining industry deals for September 2019 worth $2.52bn were announced globally, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 23.6% over the previous month and a drop of 53.8% when compared with the last 12-month average of $5.45bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 10.7% over the last 12-month average with 100 deals against the average of 112 deals.
In value terms, Asia-Pacific led the activity with deals worth $1.37bn.
Metals & mining industry deals in September 2019: Top deals
The top five metals & mining deals accounted for 67.5% of the overall value during September 2019.
The combined value of the top five metals & mining deals stood at $1.7bn, against the overall value of $2.52bn recorded for the month.
The top five metals & mining industry deals of September 2019 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Beijing Haohua Energy Resource’s $442.81m acquisition of Ningxia Hongdunzi Coal Industry
2) The $408.55m acquisition of Shanxi Meijin Energy by Shanxi Jinmei Distressed Equity Investment Partnership
3) GSO Capital Partners’ $350m private equity deal with Genesis Alkali Holdings
4) The $254.73m acquisition of Barkerville Gold Mines by Osisko Gold Royalties
5) Gamut Capital Management’s private equity deal with American Axle & Manufacturing Holdings for $245m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.