Total metals & mining industry deals for July 2019 worth $3.68bn were announced globally, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 44.8% over the previous month and a drop of 46.3% when compared with the last 12-month average of $6.84bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 8.9% over the last 12-month average with 102 deals against the average of 112 deals.
In value terms, Asia-Pacific led the activity with deals worth $2.06bn.
Metals & mining industry deals in July 2019: Top deals
The top five metals & mining deals accounted for 88.5% of the overall value during July 2019.
The combined value of the top five metals & mining deals stood at $3.25bn, against the overall value of $3.68bn recorded for the month.
The top five metals & mining industry deals of July 2019 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Anhui Industry Mergers And Acquisitions Fund, Beijing Jinshi Hongyi Equity Investment Fund, GoldStone Investment and Sanxia Jinshi Investment Management’s $1.2bn private equity deal with Hebei Baosteel Canning North
2) The $841.11m asset transaction with ArcelorMittal by Liberty House Group
3) Baosteel Hong Kong InvestmentLimited’s $658.99m acquisition of Maanshan Iron & SteelLimited
4) The $283m asset transaction with N-Mining by Kinross Gold
5) Resolute Mining‘s acquisition of Toro Gold for $274m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.