Total metals & mining industry deals for February 2020 worth $1.66bn were announced globally, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 52% over the previous month and a drop of 53.7% when compared with the last 12-month average of $3.58bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 4.6% over the last 12-month average with 103 deals against the average of 108 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with deals worth $730.79m.
Metals & mining industry deals in February 2020: Top deals
The top five metals & mining deals accounted for 72.3% of the overall value during February 2020.
The combined value of the top five metals & mining deals stood at $1.2bn, against the overall value of $1.66bn recorded for the month.
The top five metals & mining industry deals of February 2020 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Harmony Gold Mining’s $300m acquisition of AngloGold Security ServicesLimited, Covalent Water CompanyLimited, First Uranium (Pty) and Masakhisane InvestmentsLimited
2) The $300m private equity deal with New Gold by Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan
3) Guerrero Ventures’ $268m asset transaction with Orion Resource Partners (USA)
4) The $263m asset transaction with Mantos Copper Holding by Mitsubishi Materials
5) Kotak Special Situations Fund’s private equity deal with Jindal Stainless for $69m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.