Health and Safety Products, Lifting Equipment, Access Systems, Storage and Warehouse Fit-Outs and Storage and Logistics Products
Many individuals and organisations are unaware of what the words ‘materials handling’ mean and what Materials Handling Pty Ltd can do for them.
The definitive answer is that materials handling is the terminology, process and psychology of the movement (handling), control and protection of goods (materials) as they are manufactured, distributed, stored, used and disposed of environmentally and safely, while improving profitability and productivity.
Cost-effective materials handling products and solutions
We strive to apply cost-effective technology, products, know-how, experience, quality systems and services to your particular problem. The objective is to provide equipment and systems for workplace health and safety, accident prevention and environmental protection that will satisfy your needs.
Experienced materials handling experts
With over three decades of experience, our clients gain by enhanced productivity, efficiency, safety, profitability, a more contented workforce and a commitment to your environment.
Workplace health and safety
All of our products and systems introduce effective devices and procedures to reduce the risk of workplace injuries, particularly back-related injuries. We are committed to all facets of workplace health and safety considerations to increase productivity and profitability, and have personnel working with ease.
Light lifting equipment
Our range of lightweight lifting equipment is suitable for many mining and industrial projects in workshop and maintenance areas.
The products include:
- Electric and pneumatic chain hoists
- Electric belt hoists
- Aluminium and steel light crane gantry systems, jibs and monorails
- Manual hoists lever hoists and chain blocks
- Air, electric and hand winches
- Intelligent light balance lifting devices
- Vacuum and magnetic lifting systems
- Load turners up to 50t
- Lifting clamps, hooks and beams
- Rigging slings and components
- Explosion and dust-proof lifting equipment
Access systems and equipment
Materials Handling’s access systems are durable, reliable and require very little maintenance. They can be either mobile or static and powered by air, batteries or AC power.
The air-powered units are designed primarily to be used in flammable environments such as spray booths, but equally at home in ‘safe’ areas for assembly and maintenance tasks. They are easy to operate and provide improved efficiency with confirmed time-savings of up to 50%.
Some of the safety access range includes:
- WALL-MAN and LIFTMAN intrinsically safe air-operated, wall-mounted or mobile units
- Suspended safety personnel crane cages
- Fibreglass and aluminium access and order picking platforms and mezzanine access ladders
- Battery-operated personnel and goods lifts
- Safe scissor and articulated boom access platforms – driven or push-around
- Forklift-mounted safety work and order picking platforms – slip-on fit
Storage equipment and warehouse fit-out
We can design a warehouse, storage and handling system for your company, from the ground up.
Whether you are updating existing premises, or designing a new warehouse. We will ensure that you will have a pallet racking, shelving and storage system that will meet the demands of your workplace.
The SSI Schaefer pallet rack is quality assured to ISO 9001, and Schaefer racking is manufactured to meet AS4084- 2012. There are other suppliers in the market that reduce their safety design factor to well below FEM and Australian standards to achieve static loads with lower quality steel.
Our products include:
- Schaefer: selective, drive in, double deep, high bay mobile racking rack-clad buildings
- Schaefer: pallet and carton live storage
- Schaefer: cantilever and LS600 long span racking
- Schaefer: R3000 single and multi-tier shelving
- A huge range of plastic containers and steel / plastic pallets
- Mezzanine floors and raised storage areas
- Workshop benches, cupboards, cabinets, high density storage cabinets and tool boxes
- LogiMat vertical carousels
- Change room cabinets, cupboards, lockers and seating
- Dangerous goods / gas cylinder safety stores
- Diesel and AdBlue storage tanks
Warehouse handling, packaging and safety equipment
We have an extensive range of products for storage, logistics, materials handling, packaging conveying and warehouse systems. They are specifically designed to improve product storage and retrieval, improve warehouse productivity and optimise the storage areas available.
We can cater to any sized order, and can produce an extremely acceptable result, whether with one of our own brand products, a workbench, pallet racking, shelving, conveyors or right up to a completely automated turnkey system.
We can provide:
- Pedestrian / forklift segregation
- Safety barriers and bollards
- Forklift safety
- Stretch wrappers
- Label and sign printers for warehouse safety
- Materials handling equipment
- Pallet load transfer devices
- Complete warehouse automation systems
To find out more, or to make an enquiry, please contact us using the details below.