Ancor Loc Australia’s Manta Ray Anchor is a percussion-driven anchor, which can provide quick installation and load testing to ensure hold down capacity is achieved. They can provide emergency tie-down points for cyclone and flood regions on a permanent or temporary basis with very little environmental impact.
With container shelters becoming a popular on-site requirement as either sheltered workshops or storage facilities, Manta Ray anchors can provide you with a hold down solution which would be economically viable compared with other solutions in remote locations.
Can you afford for your shelter to be non-compliant, cyclone season is upon us!
Ancor Loc is an Australian owned company that offers a tipping plate anchor system that meets the requirements of:
- AS 4678-2002: Earth Retaining Structures
- AS 1726-1993: Geotechnical Site investigations
- AS 3600-2009: Concrete Structures
- AS/NZS 1170-2002: Structural Design Actions (Part0: General Principles)
- AS/NZS 1170.1-2002: Structural Design Actions (Part1: Permanent, Imposed and other actions)
- AS/NZS 1170.2-20011: Structural Design Actions(Part 2: Wind Actions)
- ISO/DIS 224477-5 Geotechnical Investigation and Testing- Testing of Geotechnical Structures- Part 5 Testing of anchorages”, 2005
- Tables 3.1 & 3.2 and figures 3.1(A) & 3.1(B) of AS/NZS 1170.2 (ref7).
We can also supply a Technical manual for engineers and design consultants to use in aiding designs utilizing our product. This manual covers all design criteria required for specifying our product including holding capacities in differing soil types, Construction method statement, load test record sheet and design checklist. We also offer onsite training with a certificate of competency.
How do they work?
- No digging, no damage, no mess, no soil disturbance
- Fast, easy installation, can be predrilled in stubborn soils
- Lightweight, portable and compact installation equipment
- Anchors proof loaded to required capacity straight after installing
- Substantial time and cost savings
The anchors are driven with conventional hydraulic/pneumatic equipment that is readily available. Onsite training can be provided, or training can be provided in your depot. Installation equipment can be purchased or hired for the duration of the project. Installation equipment can fit into the back of a ute.
- Heavy Duty Breaker hammers
- Excavator with rock breaker attachment
- Load Cell or hollow jacks can be used to load test the anchors once in situ.
Ancor Loc has assisted in temporary hold-down points for several Dome and shelter specialists in permanent and temporary applications. Whether local or remote we will have a product to suit you.
Are they multipurpose?
Ancor Loc has several different models of anchors in the Manta Ray, Duckbill and Stingray range for various applications. In fact, we have had clients come to us for anchors for projects we have not even considered.
- Portable buildings
- Tie-down points for cyclone cargo nets
- Communications Towers
- Weather Stations
- Anti-Theft tie-downs
- Water Tanks
- Utility Services
Check out our website for more ideas, or come up with your own.