Strata Worldwide is excited to announce the global launch of its next-generation emergency refuge chamber;...
StrataConnect™ is a multi-functional communications network for underground working environments.
It provides versatile options in communications, tracking and environmental monitoring for everyday operations. Fully wireless and battery-powered options are available for both everyday operations and post-accident situations.
StrataConnect’s flexibility enables operations to create and expand a communications network with functionalities that meet their specific needs.
Strata offers two infrastructures that are also fully interoperable.
Wireless CommTrac in your operations
CommTrac is a truly wireless and battery powered underground communications and tracking system that eliminates the expense and heavy maintenance associated with wired infrastructures.
- Fast and easy installation with as few as one or two installers.
- Simple suspension of Strata C-Nodes. Self-forming mesh network
- Completely independent from other systems and power-sources
- Remains fully operational post-accident
It is completely US MSHA approved for use in underground coal mines. CommTrac satisfies the Miner ACT requirements for having fully wireless post-accident two-way communication between underground and surface personnel, as well as electronic location tracking.
- Monitoring and Control
StrataConnect Wi-Fi in your operations
Incorporate Strata Wi-Fi into your existing fibre-optic network to achieve powerful underground ‘hotspots’.
- Strata A-Node access points installed in desired locations along fibre
- Establish up to 6,000ft (1,800m) of Wi-Fi coverage in each direction
(varies by location)
- Strata B-Node wireless backbone installed to extend coverage beyond fibre
- Up to 4,000ft per hop
Strata Wi-Fi is compatible with any 802.11 device for voice calling, texting, videos and high-speed data access.
- Monitoring and control
Strata Wi-Fi A-Nodes are interoperable with CommTrac wireless and battery-powered C-nodes. This enables expanded wireless coverage for tracking, monitoring and remote control capabilities into areas not requiring voice communications.
StrataConnect™ server and GUI
StrataConnect™ Server and graphical user interface (GUI) provides monitoring, tracking and worker interaction between surface and underground operations. The Server integrates all underground systems into a single, multi-layered GUI to provide a comprehensive view and awareness of underground operations in real-time.
A digital mine-map or facility floorplan mark fixed nodes and other device location by latitude/longitude, as well as real-time location and tracking of mobile devices.
- Underground fixed node status history: Includes detailed network health reports
- Event history: Includes location of event with timestamps, event description, miner/device name & serial number, and record of event been cleared
- List of personnel checked-in or underground: Current data, or filtered back
- Personnel activity history: Includes locations with timestamps and text message logs
- Equipment activity history: Includes locations with timestamps
- Section activity history: Includes personnel listings by working section/area
All files can be printed to PDF or exported to CSV file.
Incorporate Strata Wi-Fi into your existing fibre-optic network to achieve powerful underground 'hotspots'. Strata A-Node...
Strata Worldwide is pleased to announce the IECEx Intrinsically Safe approval of the StrataConnect second-edition...
The StrataConnect™ MC2 is a communication and tracking device that operates on Strata’s wireless mesh...