Strata Worldwide is excited to announce the global launch of its next-generation emergency refuge chamber;...
The Portable Fresh Air Bay is folded and stored in an explosion resistant steel container called the Strata Fresh Air Bay Skid.
In an emergency, miners locate the Skid and activate air flow using the master control valves. A hinged door on the end of the Skid is opened and the folded Fresh Air Bay is manually rolled out. Inflation is initiated by pulling on an activation cable inside the tent access door. Compressed air flows into air-tight structural beams to hold the tent erect out of the Skid and into the main compartment to maintain a positive pressure and fill it with breathable air.
Technical advancements of the Portable Fresh Air Bay include:
- Explosion-resistant fresh air bay skid: used to house and protect entire system. Constructed on a skid base for easier mobility. Highly visible with bright yellow paint and reflective decals.
- Fresh, breathable air supply system: provides up to 96 hour air supply from compressed oxygen and air cylinders.
- Patent-pending CO2 scrubber system powered by compressed air removes carbon dioxide using soda lime chemicals
- Robust construction: built from durable, flame retardant material that is MSHA approved. Edges are welded to be air tight and the high-quality construction is intended for long term use. Double-layered floor for increased strength
- Standard and custom sizes to meet individual customer needs. This includes custom length and heights of the structure.
- Air-tight design chamber design provides immediate supply of breathable air upon entry
- Air-lock entry: a separate compartment used to minimize contaminants entering the main chamber. If the mine atmosphere is not safe for breathing, miners enter the Air-Lock entry and, using pure air, flush out air contaminants before entering the main chamber. When the Bay is already occupied, the Air-Lock entry allows additional miners to enter without deflating or jeopardizing the quality of the air in the main chamber
- Food and water in storage compartments
- MSHA approved gas detector for O2/CO/CH4/CO2 levels inside the chamber. A sampling pump can be used to test air outside the chamber.
- MSHA approved flashlights: for internal use.
- Highly reflective signage and an MSHA approved flashing light: assist in locating the chamber.
- Easy handling: built-in fork lift guides, lifting facility and skid base assist with moving & relocating the refuge chamber. Optional wheels and hitch.
- Environmental toilet: toilet and waste bags in a private compartment with external waste disposal.
- Cushioned seating and storage areas: cushioned seating for all occupants & storage areas for additional supplies/equipment.
Strata Chambers meet the MSHA Breathable Air, Harmful Gas Removal and Air Monitoring Component requirements as specified in CFR 30 Part 7
Wheel and Hitch Package
Strata Safety Products has engineered a robust wheel and hitch package to be added during construction or retrofitted at a later date. These additions will greatly assist in the moving of the units into and around the mines and will significantly reduce wear and tear.
Each Skid is fitted with a double axle and four 21in x 8in x 15in smooth rubber tires. Standard ground clearance is 3in. Custom set up to increase or decrease ground clearance is available.
The removable steel hitch plate may be attached to either end of the Skid by way of welded clevis plates and pins. This facilitates the pulling or pushing of the unit.
Incorporate Strata Wi-Fi into your existing fibre-optic network to achieve powerful underground 'hotspots'. Strata A-Node...
Strata Worldwide is pleased to announce the IECEx Intrinsically Safe approval of the StrataConnect second-edition...
The StrataConnect™ MC2 is a communication and tracking device that operates on Strata’s wireless mesh...