Modular Mining’s Collision Awareness System, an integral part of our MineAlert™ suite of Safety Management tools, helps your people make the right decisions at the right time. MineAlert goes beyond proximity detection to increase productivity, improve operator situational awareness, minimize false alarms, and mitigate collision risk.
Collision Awareness System
The MineAlert™ Collision Awareness System is an early-warning system that alerts equipment operators to potential collisions with other CAS-equipped vehicles, helping to improve operator awareness and reduce vehicle-to-vehicle collisions. Predictive algorithms analyze the location, speed, and trajectory of all vehicles in the monitored vicinity, generating warnings and alarms only when hazardous or potentially hazardous conditions exist.
Unlike other collision awareness systems on the market, Modular focuses on minimizing false alarms (nuisance alarms) to provide operators with critical decision-making safety information only when it matters.
The Collision Awareness System:
- Determines a vehicle’s collision risk based on travel speed, instantaneous direction, predicted path and other factors
- Alerts operators about potential dangers without delay, allowing them to take corrective actions to prevent a collision
- Minimizes false alarms with advanced predictive-path and pattern recognition algorithms
- Addresses the most common vehicle-to-vehicle collision scenarios, including forward collisions, take-off collisions, head-on collisions, speed limit violations, blind-spots, overtaking, intersections, and more
Integration with DISPATCH® Fleet Management System (FMS)
The Collision Awareness System is available as a stand-alone version, or it can be integrated with the DISPATCH FMS for additional functionality, including:
- Event logging
- Exceptions and notifications
- System health status
- Intelligent algorithms to minimize nuisance alarms
- Simple, intuitive in-cab display
- Rugged design, suitable for harsh mining environments
- Immediate Vehicle-to-Vehicle communication
- Configurable Alarm Zones
- No radio or IT infrastructure required
- 360° detection
- Forward-looking platform
- Available as a stand-alone system, or integrated with DISPATCH FMS
Intelligent Path Prediction
The MineAlert Collision Awareness System utilizes vehicle velocity, acceleration, and yaw rate to intelligently predict a vehicle’s path. The technology accounts for two vehicles that may approach each other without actually posing a collision risk, helping to minimize false alarms that can desensitize operators to true risks. Path history serves as a ‘breadcrumb trail’ to predict where a vehicle will go, based on its historical movements and patterns.
The Collision Awareness System predicts and addresses the most common vehicle-to-vehicle collision scenarios, including forward collisions, take-off collisions, head-on collisions, speed limit violations, blind-spots, overtaking, intersections, and more.