The AKW Equipment + Process Design team was recently on tour in France, to finalise...
Hydrocyclones are important and economically viable systems for the wet-mechanical separation and classifying processes of ores and minerals. AKA-VORTEX are applied across the industry in various areas:
- Solids recovery
Principle of Operation
In principle, the hydrocyclone is a solid bowl centrifuge of “slim” design.
lt can be compared to a high-speed tubular centrifuge but also with a long-tube decanter.
In the case of the hydrocyclone, however, the body is stationary. A rotation is initiated by the flow arising from the tangential f eed under pump pressure. The fluid is subjected to centrifugal forces, that lead to the c reation of a primary vortex, which is directed downwards, and an internal secondary vortex directed upwards. This leads to a segregation effect of the particles present in the fluid, due to a radially outward sedimentation.
Design Features and Advantages
- Simple in operation
- Optimum separation characteristic at varying operating conditions
- Modular system through the use of simple connectors and adaptors (feed part, overflow and underflow nozzle)
- Easy adaption to changing operation parameters
- Fast and trouble-free changing of wear parts
- Low weight of single parts
- Long life time as per appropriate selection of material for each application: highly wear-resistant polyurethane, oxide- or SiC-ceramic, NiHard, titanium, diverse steels
- Can be lined with high wear-resistant, chemical- and corrosion-resistant materials
- Ores and Minerals
- Chemical intermediates
AKW Apparate + Verfahren GmbH is a medium-sized, privately owned company focussed on process engineering...
The team is proud to announce that we received our new QM-Certification, confirming that we...
AKW Equipment + Process Design has the pleasure to announce that Mr Thibaut Richard has...