The AKW Equipment + Process Design team was recently on tour in France, to finalise...
Principle of Operation
Macro flocs will be created due to the flow route of the flocculat ed feed slurry in counter-current to the sedimenting particles in the filtering zone. These flocs will sediment at a higher speed than the micro flocs of conventional thickeners. This results in a higher loading rate per unit settling area and smaller thickener diameters, compared to the traditional static thickeners.
Design Features and Advantages
- High loading rate per unit settling area
- Consistently steady high sludge concentration
- Fully automated
- Low energy system
- Produced out of customized or corrosion-resistant materials (steel, stainless steel)
- Coating with chemical and corrosion-resistant materials as an option (rubber, polyurethane, ceramic glazed)
- Lifting rake system as an option
- Available in conical and flat-bottom versions
Applications – Conical type
- Mineral products (kaolin, salt, clay)
Applications – Flat type
- Mineral waste (sand, slag, soil remediation sludges)
AKW Apparate + Verfahren GmbH is a medium-sized, privately owned company focussed on process engineering...
The team is proud to announce that we received our new QM-Certification, confirming that we...
AKW Equipment + Process Design has the pleasure to announce that Mr Thibaut Richard has...