Chesterton DualPac® 2211 is built to address these issues by combining two complementary materials in one packing.
Using our patented braiding technology graphite-filled ePTFE can be placed against the shaft where it provides superior sealing and low friction, and a high strength and resiliency aramid is placed against the stuffing box bore to resist consolidation without shaft wear.
Both lab and field tests have shown that DualPac requires fewer gland adjustments, resulting in drastically extended life in severe service applications such as ore slurries, mineral handling slurries, dewatering and aggressive slurry applications.
Features and benefits
- Achieves significantly longer packing life
- Low friction and gentle on shafts
- Resists consolidation and extrusion
- Multiple configurations to eliminate need for end rings
- Exclusive design using DualPac packing technology