This extended case study describes a cost and schedule risk analysis for a multi-billion dollar...
Dust Solutions, Inc. (DSI) provides rugged, low maintenance Dry Fog dust suppression systems that are custom designed and engineered to meet the unique operating parameters of our clients.
Dry Fog systems provide the driest form of dust suppression available on the market and have been named a Best Demonstrated Technology by the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) for coal-handling, processing and operations of sub-bituminous and lignite coals. Our low flow, ultrasonic nozzles create fog droplets 1-10μm in size which easily agglomerate to dust particles as small as PM2.5 and PM10. Dry Fog adds weight to the dust particle without moisture, so that airborne particles fall back into the process with no significant wetting of the product.
Extensive scientific research has shown that for effective dust suppression to occur, successful agglomeration between the dust particles and material must take place.
When compared to alternative technologies, Dry Fog’s ultra-fine atomization can agglomerate to the widest range of particle sizes – from ultra-fine coal dust to heavier fly ash and pulverized coal.
Dry Fog Advantages:
- Close to 99% reduction efficiency of respirable PM10 and PM2.5 dust particles
- Less than 0.5% moisture by volume added to the product.
- Returns useable material to the product stream.
- Low maintenance due to ultrasonic nozzle design, which is less likely to clog than standard spray nozzles.
- DSI modular design capability for future expansion of systems.
- Low installation costs with no expensive plant modifications required.
The transition of existing wedge-wire screens to Derrick’s G-Vault provide a desirable ROI to Mine...
Roto Hammer Industries was founded in 1959 in Tulsa, Oklahoma, after identifying a need for...