Real-time monitoring of any type of material is possible with the SPECTRAL Conveyor Belt LIBS sensor.
SPECTRAL’s LIBS sensor can be positioned over any conveyor belt. The sensor measures the full atomic chemical composition of the material passing by on the belt. This can be used for instance to monitor the ore grade in mined material in order to separate ore from waste material.
Benefits of the SPECTRAL Conveyor Belt LIBS sensor:
• A measurement takes << 1 ms, allowing for measurement rates up to 1000 Hz.
• The sensor works with any belt speed.
• Flexible sensor configuration allows for tunable working distance between sensor and belt.
• Captures all elements of the periodic table in one measurement.
• Detection limits below 1 permille (1000 ppm) are possible.