It is well known that mining operations have one main issue that affects not only...
Chesterton 170L is designed for sealing mineral-based process materials such as ores, limestone, coal, sugar, and phosphates. The innovative, non-clog seal uses a unique coil spring design in which the springs are located entirely outside the seal. It is engineered to fit Warman® AH® series pumps without modification.
The 170L uses a single clamping screw which simplifies seal removal in sticky or viscous fluids or where solids clog up the set screws. This seal has large clearance and rugged components designed to resist the effects of heavy slurry environments.
Runs longer in heavy abrasive slurries without the need for flush or quench water
- Non-clog pressure plate design
- Innovative pressure plate design
- Springs located entirely outside the seal
Reliable design that addresses real-life slurry pumping conditions
- Micropolished O-Ring surfaces eliminate O-Ring hang-up
- Optimal balance for slurries
- Line-to-line slurry faces
- Stationary springs
- High strength drives
Easy to maintain
- Single clamping screw simplifies seal installation and removal
- Integrated centering tabs
- Washable in-service
- In-field repairable
- No quench and drain needed
Corrosion is the deterioration of material caused by environmental exposure. This can result in loss...
Across all industries, the global cost of corrosion is estimated at $2.5tn according to a...
Chesterton’s latest innovation in sealing technology, the 170L Slurry Cartridge Single Seal is engineered to...