Ariana Resources has received an extension to the mining licence for its Kiziltepe gold-silver mine in Turkey.

The General Directorate of Mining Affairs (GDMA) has issued the licence renewal for an initial five years from 2 April, which will be extended automatically for a further 15 years if mining starts within the first five years.

Ariana said that a mining permit for gold and silver attached to the new mining licence has also been granted.

The Kiziltepe mining licence and mining permit were due for renewal this October but the company decided to accelerate the renewal before applications for forestry permits were made.

"We are highly encouraged by the speed at which our mining licence application was processed." 

Kiziltepe gold-silver mine is part of the Red Rabbit project, which Ariana holds in a joint venture with Proccea Construction.

Ariana Resources managing director Kerim Sener said this is a significant step towards the construction of a gold-silver mine in the Kiziltepe sector of the Red Rabbit project.

How well do you really know your competitors?

Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.

Company Profile – free sample

Thank you!

Your download email will arrive shortly

Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample

We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below form

By GlobalData
Visit our Privacy Policy for more information about our services, how we may use, process and share your personal data, including information of your rights in respect of your personal data and how you can unsubscribe from future marketing communications. Our services are intended for corporate subscribers and you warrant that the email address submitted is your corporate email address.

"We are highly encouraged by the speed at which our mining licence application was processed and are now well-placed to commence the final permitting and construction phase of the Kiziltepe mine," Sener said.

Exploration and development firm Ariana is focused on epithermal gold-silver and porphyry copper-gold deposits in Turkey.

The company is developing a portfolio of prospective licences selected on the basis of its in-house geological and remote-sensing database, on its own in western Turkey and in joint venture with Eldorado Gold in north-eastern Turkey.

Eldorado owns 51% interest of the joint venture while Ariana owns the remaining 49% stake. The total resource inventory within the is 1.09 million ounces of gold.