As an exclusive and one-of-its-kind gathering within the lithium industry, the conference, running for the seventh time, will welcome global industry players from along the lithium value chain. There is no better place for the industry’s senior figures to meet and network. With the conference being held in North America for the past two years, it will shift to Shanghai in China this year to offer a greater opportunity to meet the downstream Asian market.
This year the conference will focus on global lithium supply and demand balances, the latest lithium projects in the production pipeline, and explore end-user markets and how the drivers of supply will evolve over the upcoming years. There will also be a review on key Asian countries such as Japan, China and South Korea on their lithium-ion battery industry developments and lithium demand & consumption outlook, along with revealing discussions on electric vehicle and energy storage markets and how regulation and policy are changing to encourage more usage.
Key topics to be explored include:
– What is expected from the Chilean lithium industry following the National Lithium Commission’s advancement plan?
– Will POSCO’s lithium extraction technology widen the economic advantage of brine deposits over hard-rock ones and improve the economics along the lithium supply chain?
– Exploring the latest trends in battery cathode production, and which lithium raw materials are required and in what quantities
– Understanding drivers of global lithium-ion battery industry growth and Japan, South Korea and China’s role in the marketplace
– Examining the commercial and regulatory factors behind EV and energy storage sectors’ development and the impact towards future lithium usage and demand
– Aluminum lithium alloys for aircraft and ‘Green Tires’ – explore these two new emerging markets