Hot Spots™, intended to be placed on the shaft end, or side face of conveyor idlers and rollers. With a temperature increase from failing bearings, Hot Spots™ white dots will become translucent at temperatures of ≥60°C as first warning of an elevated condition and ≥100°C for final warning of a deteriorated condition ±5°C, revealing the orange and red temperature emblazoned spots beneath in that order.
The value proposition from the top down using Cool Mines patented product the Hot Spots™ :
- Effective compliance to legislations. A method of assessment of a hot idler / roller that is effective, reliable and consistent from person to person completing the inspections
- Consistency of interpretation on the condition of an idler, between statutory officials and maintenance personal, leading to more effective decisions during and in between maintenance periods
- An engineered control to support the mines inspection and maintenance protocols underpinning the SHMS and Fire Management Plan with regards to fires on conveyors
- Reduce the practice of putting water on failed idlers to ‘manage’ them through. Catch them prior to the dangerous heating
- Production uptime with reduced opportunities for conveyor idlers and rollers to enter a heated state undetected, leading to unscheduled downtime
- Reduced conveyor belting damage from failed idlers and the tracking of belting into structure from failed idlers
Too often it is the lack of hydration and excessive physical exertion that are the...
The Cool Tube® MKII works based on a drop in the temperature of the compressed...
No need to be hot and bothered anymore! The development of The Cool Tube® MKII...