On October 31, 2018, the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) adopted new mining property disclosure requirements. The new rules have significant implications for existing and new listings on US stock exchanges. Public issuers (including owners, operators and royalty companies) engaged in mining operations traded in U.S. stock exchanges must comply with the new rules for their first fiscal year beginning on, or after, 1 January 2021.
This short course provides an overview to help mining companies and investors understand the new disclosure requirements and provide management with a strategy for navigating the changes and achieving compliance ahead of time. You will learn how to navigate the new SEC regulations with a staged, yet comprehensive approach.
Course topics will include:
- Fundamental concepts and principles
- Comparing SEC regulations with other international standards
- Disclosure in all project phases
- Triggers to file a Technical Report
- Required Content for Technical Reports
- Exploration results reporting
- Mineral resource classification
- Inclusion of inferred resources
- Qualifications, definitions, independence and liabilities of QPs
- Session I – Sunday 24 February between 1:00pm – 5:00pm
- Session II – Wednesday 27 February between 8:00am – 12:00pm
Price: $150.00 (USD)