Iron Road fully owns the Central Eyre Iron Project on the Eyre Peninsula of South Australia. The project, set to become Australia’s biggest magnetite project, includes the construction of a $4bn integrated supply chain consisting of a mine, rail, and a deepwater port operation on the Eyre Peninsula.
RWE Power International – RE GmbH (RPI) provides consultancy and engineering services in exploration and mining of coal, ore and other minerals, mine site rehabilitation, as well as groundwater and environmental management.
Formerly known as Rheinbraun Engineering, we have been serving worldwide customers for more than 40 years and belong to the German RWE Group, with strong market positions in electricity generation, lignite mining and oil and gas production.
Geological modelling, exploration management, and hydrological and geotechnical assessments
We offer a complete range of services to ensure safe and viable mining operations, such as:
- Exploration services from design to detailed management of drilling programmes
- Geological modelling of state-of-the-art 3D deposit models and reserve estimation for all commodities
- Hydrological assessment, groundwater extraction, management and protection
- Design of sustainable mining slopes considering all hydrological and geotechnical aspects
Mining engineering and environmental services
We offer a wide range of individual solutions throughout the mining cycle:
RWE Power International
- Mine design, planning and pit optimisation with GEMCOM SURPAC and DATAMINE
- Development of design, engineering and equipment specifications for your optimum mine equipment
- We are specialised in identifying, optimising and managing your maintenance efforts
- We analyse, optimise and coordinate your optimum production and maintenance process
- We conduct stringent manufacturing and assembly supervision to ensure quality standards are met
- Our specialists can plan or optimise your ground and surface water drainage
- We can optimise your mine plans to ensure minimum impact on the environment weather by dust, noise, or acid waters
- We provide staff training, opportunity, feasibility and
due diligence studies, as well as owner’s consultant services
- We can plan and assist you in mine closure and post-mining
Mining conveying equipment and engineering services
We carry out multiple services in the field of conveying and haulage by assisting our clients with reducing costs and strengthening their position with our knowledge and equipment recommendations. We provide the following:
- Optimisation of mining operations and minimisation of plant breakdowns
- Continuous mining maintenance and optimisation methods for various equipments, e.g. shovel and truck operations, transportation by conveyor, truck and rail
- Optimisation of mining operations through our experience in manufacturing and erection supervision
- Conveying belt inspection services, including belt testing services, as well as optimisation to identify the most durable and economic conveyor belts
- Design, specifying, supervising and commissioning
services for conveyors
Design, development and installation of mine conveying systems
RPI has designed, developed and implemented record-breaking conveyors with the strength of up to 7,800N/mm and a capacity of up to 37,500t/h.
RWE researched and developed an efficient lignite drying technology, called WTA™ technology, which dries lignite from more than 65% to 10% moisture. The first commercial-sized WTA drying plant with evaporation heat recovery was commissioned in 2009 at RWE’s Niederaußem power plant.
Our WTA-related services include:
- Opportunity studies
- Laboratory scale tests
- Industrial scale-drying tests
- Basic design of WTA plants
In addition, we support the RWE-approved suppliers during detail engineering, construction and commissioning of WTA plants and in training of operating staff.
Ash reduction technology
Dry ash separation technology has become a real alternative to regular (wet) coal washing for specific cases. Our services comprise the following:
- Opportunity and feasibility studies
- Complete flow sheet development
- Troubleshooting and optimising in/of processing plants
- Laboratory and pilot plant tests