Gemecs is a geological company offering geological and consulting services to the mining, mineral and...
It is with regret that Gemecs announces the resignation of Hein Fourie as one of the company’s directors, effective from 28 February.
Fourie will pursue his career as an independent consultant at HFPROCON, focusing on mine design, mine planning and production scheduling.
Gemecs has reached an agreement with Fourie, who will continue to provide his services to Gemecs as an associate to ensure the current level of service delivery to all customers is maintained. Fourie continues to provide the following services to Gemecs:
- Mine design
- Life of mine planning
- Short-term and detailed production scheduling
Gemecs is pleased to announce the appointments of Megan Hunter and Luyanda Fodo, effective from 1st March. Megan is appointed as a geologist to assist with various geological projects and Minex modelling work, while Luyanda is appointed as junior geologist after successfully completing his time as trainee geologist at Gemecs.
These appointments will ensure that Gemecs has the required level of skilled employees to continue ongoing quality service delivery to its clients.
Gemecs staff complement
The full-time staff complement of Gemecs is as follows:
- Coenie van Niekerk – MD geological consultant
- Nico Denner – geological consultant
- Kobus Dippenaar – geological consultant
- Petra Pospisek – senior geologist, Geovia Minex support and training, resource modelling
- Paula Preston – senior geologist, resource modelling, database services and GIS
- Esther van der Westhuizen – geologist, coal exploration and database services
- Joac Scholtz – geologist, exploration and geological Services
- Cobus Erasmus – geologist, exploration and geological services
- Megan Hunter – geologist, resource modelling, database services and GIS
- Thumeka Mpetshwa – junior geologist, exploration and geological services
- Luyanda Fodo – junior geologist, exploration and geological services
In addition to the full-time employees, Gemecs has secured a number of experienced experts as associates to add value with their specialised skills:
- Eugéne de Villiers – ECMA consulting. professional mining engineer
- Hein Fourie – HFPROCON. Mine design, planning and scheduling
- Johan Repsold – database services. GBIS database expert
- Terry Fox – exploration management, geological services, desktop studies. Coal expert
- Willie Lemmer – exploration geologist. Natal coal fields and mineral sands expert
- Jakes Liebenberg -consulting geologist. Natal coal fields
- Leon Nel – academic advisor, exploration and core logging. Coal and uranium expert
- Flip Strydom – exploration geologist. Highveld / Witbank coal fields expert
- Lou Greyling – exploration geologist. Ermelo coal fields expert
- Marcus Chatfield – wireline logging and geophysics expert
- Giel Visser – geological consulting and coal mining geology
Image: Former Gemecs director Hein Fourie. Photo: courtesy of Gemecs.
Gemecs has signed a new deal with Dassault Systemes South Africa Pty Ltd to extend...
Wescoal's Elandspruit mine, one of Gemecs' clients has announced this week to deliver its first...
Two of Gemecs clients are named as major players in the coal supply chain to...