Following unprecedented demand from the fertilizer industry, CRU will be hosting the 5th annual Fertilizer Latino Americano conference in Brazil for the first time. Brazil is the most important fertilizer market in Latin America and one of the largest producers of agricultural commodities in the world. With significant potential to expand agricultural capacity, coupled with policy pressure to increases domestic production of fertilizers and fertilizer inputs, Brazil’s star is in the ascension and this is a perfect time to benefit from being involved in this booming market.
The 2013 programme will deliver updates on the N, P & K markets, the soft commodity outlook, new fertilizer projects, logistics and niche nutrients. Other sessions include a roundtable discussion led by IBRAM (The Brazilian Mining Association) focussing on Brazilian fertilizer policy with a focus on mineral raw material supply.
Speakers at the conference and roundtable include:
- Roger Downey, Fertilizers and Coal at VALE S/A Sector
- Secretary Carlos Nogueira, from Ministry of Mines and Energy
- Bernardo Santana de Vasconcellos, Congress Representative
- Roberto Rodrigues, Coordinator, Getulio Vargas Foundation Agribusiness Center (GV Agro)
- Ruben Fernandes, CEO, Phosphate & Niobium, Anglo American
- Paul Burnside, Manager – Fertilizer Analysis Products, CRU
- Michel Prud’homme, Director, Production and International Trade Service, IFA
José Fernando Coura, CEO of IBRAM who will be moderating the roundtable during the conference commented "We want to draw attention to and debate this important policy in Brazil. The Fertilizer Latino Americano conference offers an appropriate platform for discussion with the wider industry".
Over 400 delegates are currently registered to attend. With attendance expected to exceed 600 from over 40 countries this is a must attend conference for suppliers, consumers, traders and many others involved in the fertilizer supply chain.
The Fertilizer Latino Americano Conference & Exhibition will be taking place from 20-22 January 2013 at the Hilton São Paulo Morumbi, Brazil.
For further information about Fertilizer Latino Americano 2013, please visit www.fla-conference.com.